Position Summary: The Operations Engineer position fills a crucial role at DTI/Epiq by making tactical development contributions while also providing Tier 3 support for our various mission critical products and services. This includes crafting custom solutions for our internal and external clients, triaging and resolving high priority issues, and researching and vetting new technologies. Our business is fast-paced and dynamic, and the team is heavily relied upon to address the most urgent needs of the company quickly and effectively. As a Operations Engineer you are frequently called upon to craft ad-hoc solutions within a short time frame to satisfy immediate needs while continuing to develop more robust solutions to better handle future needs. Responsibilities:
- Work independently to analyze and resolve production/application issues, coordinating with internal customer teams, and providing clean handoffs of issues to the Development team when appropriate.
- Provide prompt, clear and timely communications of issues and resolution status to Client Services and Operations team members in order to ensure client requirements are met.
- Maintain deep understanding of our company's web-based, client-facing products as well as internal production line systems.
- Assess technical feasibility of custom requests from Sales and Client Services. Build, test, and implement within short timeframes.
- Identify and work with other teams to generate and implement creative solutions for improving existing processes and technology.
- Thoroughly investigate, assess, and communicate findings on new products and technologies to be introduced to the business.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment while maintaining thorough attention to detail.
- Must be able to rapidly master newly introduced systems and process changes.
- Outstanding client-focus and ability to deliver quality work within hard deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively in written and verbal interactions, with an aptitude for explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Significant experience analyzing and manipulating Microsoft SQL Server databases using T-SQL scripting, SSIS, and associated technologies.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, problem solving, and data analysis skills.
- Prior experience in the electronic discovery industry
- Experience operating and automating Nuix
- Relativity Certified Administrator strongly preferred
- Experience supporting and customizing kCura’s Relativity via the UI, database, and API
- Object oriented programming (C#, Visual Basic, Ruby, PHP, ASP.NET)
- Familiarity with iPro products including Allegro and eCapture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.