Growing manufacturer of surveillance systems is looking for an Operations Engineer. This person will be responsible for marketing, engineering, and project initiation - proposing, engineering, estimating, planning, scheduling, and handing off projects and service assignments to a project manager and/or service crew.
· Visit existing facilities and evaluate existing system conditions, obsolescence, reliability, performance, and safety. Write report recommendations to Owners. Prepare phased improvement plans and rough-order-of-magnitude estimates.
· Meet with Owners and maintenance staffs. Prepare proposals and negotiate agreements for preventative maintenance services.
· Assist in developing win strategies for major opportunities, making "go/no go" analyses and decisions, "red team"
· Engineer system retrofits, expansions, and new facility systems.
· Mark-up engineered drawings for design and drafting. Assemble product data.
· Develop proposed scopes of work and services. Plan major activity sequences, cutovers, and system downtime.
· Prepare engineered estimates for materials, software, labor, expenses, overhead, and profit.
· Prepare requests for quote to subcontractors, particularly for electrical raceways, cabling, mounting, and terminating. Also for software development.
· Write and present full proposals to Owners and major contractors.
· Negotiate agreements for proposals won. Convert into budgets, schedules of value, activity schedules, etc. and turn over to operations for implementation. Maintain client contact throughout to determine level of client satisfaction.
· Maintain prospect lists and sales projections. Periodically follow up with pending proposals.
· Debrief on proposals lost, learning from the competitive strengths and weaknesses from the eyes of various potential clients. Adjust strategy accordingly.
· Bachelors of Science in electrical engineering or computer science.
· Minor in business, accounting, or related financial education helpful. Past business experience helpful.
· Minimum 5 years' experience in low-voltage, systems engineering and design for new and existing construction.
· Minimum 2 years' experience estimating low-voltageelectricalconstruction. Be prepared to show example past estimates.
· Minimum 2 years' experience proposal development for low-voltageelectricalconstruction. Proposal training helpful. Be prepared to share example past proposals.
· Experience in security and/or audiovisual systems helpful.
· Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) skills. Exposure to accounting software helpful (Quickbooks or similar).
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
· Must have a current driver's license.