Req Id 55484
This is a Director of Operations position with Marley Engineered Products LLC.
The Operations Director is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the facility to drive growth, profitability, productivity, quality, and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall leadership for the facility with cross-functional representation from varied support departments, and a combination of matrixed and direct reporting relationships to this role.
- Develop efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs.
- Lead plant activities through the daily planning process with departmental managers to ensure all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the daily operations of the manufacturing plant.
- Manages production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyses production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine cause of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Establish, monitor and report overall plant performance for production, quality and safety standards. Develop and drive the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) metrics.
- Develop and controlbudgets, plans and profits.
- Understands financial reporting tools and takes proactive corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Motivates staff to meet or exceed production goals. Provide leadership, training and development to direct reports and their teams.
- Confer with senior leadership team to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery requirements.
- Ensures cross-functional alignment of functions onsite (Operations and non-Operations). Participate cross-functionally in strategic initiatives and planning for the site.
- Develop a World Class Operations team through talent acquisition and talent management. Manage and develop organizational talent to position the Operations organization for growth and succession planning.
- Encourage open employee communications and engagement through employee development, training and performance management. Resolves disagreements in a non-confrontational manner.
- Support the Operations Leadership team to administer company policies and procedures consistently.
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Oversee the Facilities Management and the Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- Works with Product Development to improve production and quality of products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supply chain knowledge, experience, and certifications strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements required.
- Prior Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean/Pull operations environment. Prior experience managing procurement and materials management.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- MAPICS experience is a plus.
- Acquisition integration experience is a plus.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on culture and team development. Is able to provide strong leadership. through teamwork as a motivational leader. Demonstrates teamwork abilities, as well as persistence when dealing with problems.
- Must have strong computer skills with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications. Able to develop summary graphs, tables, pivot tables, and other reports using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of financial reporting of operational performance including standard costing, labor variances, productivity and efficiency and Staffing, rates, product mix implications on Operations.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and driving cultural transformation with leadership. Strong knowledge and experience in the following concepts One-piece flow: balancing, pacing and improved through-put; Visual factory; KPIs, pacing boards, EI; & Work cell dynamics.
- Excellent analytical skills are required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a "general manager's" point of view.
- Problem solving using disciplined problem solving methods and analytical thinking. Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Problems solving and data analysis skills (8D, 5Y, statistics, etc.).
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy required.
- Ability to design, develop and implement a Company Business Systems roadmap for an operating business.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Has a strong interpersonal skill to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Ability to communicate throughout the company on any given level.
- Strong Quality Systems knowledge and experience including PPAP, APQP, PFMEA and control plant, Error-proofing (Poka-yoke), ISO or TS 16949 depth of understanding.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.