Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
As the People Ops Director at Stash, you are the magician behind the curtain making sure employees’ have the resources they need met. You will manage our US and UK PEO relationship and own payroll, comp, benefits, leaves, immigration and onboarding. You will manage our systems and vendors to ensure we have the right tools optimized to deliver on the People Team’s agenda. Additionally, you will evolve our use of data to help us see our results and opportunities while facilitating better decision making. This role reports to the Chief People Officer and manages a small team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all HR vendors and systems. Optimize these tools to ensure we are able to perform most effectively and report accurately.
- Produce and analyze HR metrics and data (turnover, etc.) for the business to show talent trends and provide insightful analytics to leaders;
- Assess implications and identify risks and needs to prepare for potential new organizational models (may include creating own benefits program, entering new global markets, IPO, HRIS implementation among others).
- Participate in compensation surveys and run analysis to ensure we remain competitive from a compensation perspective.
- Manage leaves of absence.
- Manages immigration.
- Run all People Team employee surveys, 360s, Reflektive, etc.
- Propose new policies to remain compliant as we move to a partially remote workforce
- Own facilities management
- Ensure all Ops processes are strong end to end.
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10+ years progressive Human Resources/People Ops experience, preferable in tech, fast paced, highly engaged, start-up environment.
- Experience designing and managing benefits programs and implementing HRIS.
- Expertise in data analytics and analytical thinking
- Problem solver who can quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions and implementing change
- Quick and active learner. Stays current with employment law/ regulations.
- Results/action orientation with strong project management and execution skills
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations and best practices/protocols
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)