$100K — $150K *
Regional Ops Director to support new and existing operations. The Project Director is responsible for the execution of the overall operation of the assigned project(s), overall performance to contract requirements, and MAXIMUS quality and performance. The Project Director will oversee all contract administrative functions including budget, financial controls and human resources.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with representatives of client agencies, stakeholders, and community organizations to promote and develop MAXIMUS services
• Represents MAXIMUS and the project in external meetings and forums
• Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of programs, MAXIMUS services, and project operations
• Oversees the development of proposals and pricing for amendments and new work
• Identifies new business opportunities
• Ensures project compliance with all applicable corporate, contract, state and federal requirements and regulations
• Provides executive management of the project's financial plan and forecast
• Develops performance goals and objectives for direct reports and monitors the achievement of those goals
• Other duties as may be assigned by corporate management
o 1. Possess a Masters' degree, from an accepted and accredited college or university, in an appropriate field (i.e., MBA, MPA or MHA);
o 2. Have at least six (6) years of management experience in healthcare administration and management;
o 3. Demonstrate leadership ability;
o 4. Have in-depth working knowledge of Managed Care, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and low income populations; and
o 5. Be knowledgeable of Ohio health care, social services, geographic and
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong client management skills
• Computer literate and information systems aptitude
• Strong communicator. Advisory, persuasive abilities, coaching and mentoring
• At least six years of experience in a senior management position in a health or human services-related field managing a large staff (250+ FTEs)
• Knowledge of Medicaid or Children's health care, and/or human services programs preferred. Health and Human Services public sector, outreach experience, program experience, and proven manager of large complex organizations
• Proven ability with operational processes and working with community groups
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage overall operations and performance of assigned contracts including P&L, quality and compliance with all terms and conditions along with preparing and analyzing regular performance reports.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship for assigned contracts ensuring effective and efficient communication along with addressing and resolving customer complaints.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to assigned employees, including setting goals, monitoring work performance, coaching and evaluating results to ensure that objectives are met.
- Manage continual process improvement by monitoring, refining, and optimizing workflow and processes with the goal of continuously improving overall effectiveness (efficiency, productivity, and quality).
- Create an entrepreneurial work environment by involvement in developing and hiring superior talent and instilling a culture of accountability, measurability, and discipline without undue bureaucracy.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and goals of the company for subordinates.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the operational budget related to assigned contracts.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with IT to ensure that product and service applications and technologies are optimized for contract compliance, productivity, and quality performance.
- Maintain primary responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving compliance issues, and accountability for profit & loss with assigned contracts and lines of business.
- Act as the primary point of contact for state officials and other outside contacts for the assigned contract.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Report to Senior Director or VP level.
Valid through: 3/8/2021