Title: Operations Director
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Operations
The Director of Operations leads a staff of over 140 outstanding individuals in our Colorado Centennial facility (Littleton, CO) and will continue our legacy as a trusted partner in the payments market, ensuring we strengthen our solid reputation of product consistency, quality and outstanding customer service.
The Director of Operations will drive revenue, profitability and growth targets for the business unit in established payment products and cutting edge new products that enable customers around the country to purchase everyday groceries to dream vacations.
This includes establishing the operation as the market leader in card manufacturing capabilities and service, including secure payment cards, transit cards, other forms of RFID cards; as well as establishing market leadership position in metal card production and fulfillment services.
The smart, creative, and downright fun individuals reporting to the Director of Operations, Colorado are: the Site Client Services Manager, Prepress and Graphics Operations Manager, the Smart Card Operations Manager, the Card Finishing Production Manager, the Site Quality Manager, and Maintenance Supervisor.
The peers to this role are the Directors of Operations in Nashville, Indiana, Minnesota and the heads of Supply Chain, Process Excellence, Quality, Security, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), and New Card Product Development (we like all of them too).
A competitive relocation package is available to the successful candidate living outside the Denver metro area.
What you would do both short-term & long-term:
• Learn cutting edge print and card manufacturing processes as well as continue to improve the operations with new ideas and betters ways of doing business.
• Build and execute the strategy on how the site can achieve and exceed its key metrics of increasing site and company profitability, driving superior customer satisfaction, improving the financial budget, building accurate reporting, and driving cost efficiencies.
• Some critical metrics for the role include: On-Time Delivery (OTD), Scrap, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Customer Complaints, and various production efficiency metrics.
• Lots of flexibility and opportunity exist for this role to improve the operational efficiency of the day to day operations of the Centennial site: this includes improving inventory management and control processes. A good groundwork has been laid and an awesome team is in place. This leader can help the team achieve its potential.
• Partners with IT and Finance to improve setup and execution of all Operations ERP functions, Business Intelligence tools and adjacent software programs
• Partners with our great Sales and Client Services teams on customer visits, Quarterly Business Reviews and business update calls.
• Given the secure nature of the payments business, we do have audits. This role leads by example and partners with various teams to successfully complete security, financial and process audits
• We are a matrixed organization (not like the movie) which means lots of opportunity to rely on partners, negotiate solutions across functions, and resolve conflict when interdepartmental goals are not in alignment.
• Given CPI is in the payments industry, a few other areas to keep in mind are: adhere to, monitor, and enforce CPI Audit/Security requirements, CPI Quality Management System Program (ISO), CPI Safety Program.
• Some more of the fun stuff includes developing and managing a long term strategic plan for the site that fits into the longer term strategic plan for CPI and its Operations function. Develop the talent in the site, plan for future growth, treat everyone to some high quality barbecues and keep a great sense of humor while we all learn and grow together.
• Determine annual capital expenditure requirements with the input of senior management and approve ongoing capital expenditures attending to timing requirements for appropriate cash flow (the equipment is pretty amazing).
What we ask of you:
• BA/BS required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• 15 years of progressive corporate management experience; substantial portion in manufacturing
• Practical experience with lean manufacturing techniques, including knowledge of Six Sigma, Kaizens, 6S and other related lean management tools
• General knowledge of ISO. ISO 9001:2015 and actions required to maintain certification is a plus
• Previous experience working in the card manufacturing or the payments industry preferred
• Broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, P&L management, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing.