As a member of the Microsoft Business Operations team, the Operations Deal Manager (ODM) is accountable to operationally enable pre-sales processes for US government customers by owning pipeline creation, managing critical deals, issue resolution, and supporting the post-sales deal lifecycle. These strategic partnerships are highly customized, and you will be expected to build consistent, repeatable, and scalable processes on a global level. An ODM interfaces with field sales teams, product and service launch teams, and Business Process Outsourcing teams to ensure contract to cash policies and processes are built, deployed, and managed compliantly and efficiently. Additionally, the role is accountable for driving operational excellence throughout service delivery by identifying and creating solutions and process enhancements.
- Execute specific contract to cash functions for US government customers and partners, including a mix of manual data entry for custom processes, alongside monitoring deal automation flow.
- Develop deep field and partner sales knowledge as well as understanding of the Microsoft sales process (or similar industry sales process).
- Collaborate with senior business stakeholders including Microsoft sales teams and Microsoft partners to track deal status and arrival patterns.
- Build and scale processes and capabilities to enable future growth of strategic partnerships and new business models.
- Drive process improvement and seek opportunities to increase agility by identifying future needs for automated processes, services, and solutions to drive business simplification.
- Understand and apply financial and regulatory controls that drive compliance and provide direction to enable stakeholders to design compliant partnership deals.
- Ensure policies and processes are enforced and communicated. Accountable for tracking, resolving, and determining root cause of escalations.
- Leverage reporting and analytics to manage end-to-end contracts to cash functions.
- Communicate across all levels, including senior management.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information.
- Able to work in a pressured environment to tight deadlines when required.
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- Government industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction.
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Proven ability to independently and effectively create solutions that can be globally implemented and ability to influence others in their adoption
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills