Description of Position:
As part of a 24x7 Operations staff, perform the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of operational issues to ensure service levels and objectives are met. Refers issues to Tier 3 staff for resolution as required, track and monitor response/resolution time, and verifies user acceptance.
- Acknowledging events received from the Enterprise Management Tools
- Opening incidents relating to received events
- Troubleshooting based on defined procedures to resolve the event
- Recommending updates to Standard Operating Procedure documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
- Must be willing to work shift. They are as follows:
Day 1: Sun-Thurs, 0600-1430
Day 2: Tues-Sat, 0600-1430
Swing 1: Sun-Thurs, 1400-2230
Swing 2: Tues-Sat, 1400-2230
Night 1: Sun-Thurs, 2200-0630
Night 2: Tues-Sat, 2200-0630
Education and Experience Required:
Three (3) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Technical or Math related field. Five (5) years with an Associate’s Degree or seven (7) years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree. Must have experience working with customer technology and support requirements.
- Experience working with SLAs
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and technical skills in networking and desktop support.
- Experience with enterprise management monitoring tools such as HP Open view, Solar winds, or Splunk required
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Remedy, Service Now, Service Manager, or equivalent required
- Desired: ITIL v3 Foundations certification, Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA), Microsoft Solutions Associate (MCSA), Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA), or similar certification desired