STV is currently looking for an Operations Associate for our operation in Toronto, Canada in our Rail and Transit Systems group.
Works with STV team members providing management consulting, safety, operations and transportation focused guidance to a variety of public and private sector clients with a focus on transportation operations.
Individual should possess the following:
- 10 years’ experience working in operations or transportation at a North American transit agency with a focus on bus, heavy rail, rapid transit or light rail. 5 years in a management or supervisor classification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to present material in front of an audience.
- Experience operating a bus, train or light rail vehicle preferred.
- Experience with transportation training and rules development.
- Experience in Operations Control Center policies and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, Transport Canada, Canadian Transportation Agency(CTA), Transport Canada , US Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and US Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) policies, and APTA Bus and Rail Standards.
- Experience with FTA and FRA safety programs such as Roadway Worker Protection, Confidential Close-Call Reporting and Rules Compliance Testing Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Business, Planning or Public Administration preferred.
- Basic knowledge of transportationinfrastructure systems such as track, signal and traction power.
- Ability to work with multi-discipline teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with operations and safety personnel from various North American transit properties.
- Provide management guidance on operations, transportation and safety policy.
- Review, revise and develop agency safety programs, training curriculum, rulebooks and standard operating procedures for all modes
- Develop scope, schedule and budgets for various efforts.
- Develop operations based proposal content for advertised solicitations.