Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Trade Management, Portfolio Data & Control, and Client Management.
The Trade Management team has primary responsibility of mitigating risk for all aspects of trade flow, settlement risk management, collateral management and counterparty liaison. The group has extensive interaction with the trading desks, technology, brokers and clients to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems.
Specifically, the role involves:
- People management responsibilities for a team in Dallas.
- Oversight of team day to day responsibilities and escalations.
- Supporting traders and portfolio managers across various asset management businesses.
- Problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues and trade discrepancies.
- Process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency.
- Providing project management leadership and/or support for new and existing products, with an emphasis on co-operation with Information Technology for the development and enhancement of processes and systems.
- Building relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, custodians, prime broker and fund administrator) to improve quality and productivity of work, integrating best practices as appropriate.
- Providing regular and ad hoc management information on STP rates, risks and volumes.
- Provide regular management reporting to senior Operations managers and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability and a control mentality paired with attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and the ability to communicate complex issues to key stakeholders with differing levels of product experience.
- Ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses.
- Proactive and self-motivated team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects as well as flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Previous experience providing oversight to a team of individuals