We're adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Operations and Underwriting Services Leader oversees the management of Underwriting Services units and provides operational process management needed to ensure the proper oversight and coordination of Single Risk Direct & Facultative business in North America. In addition this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate processes such as expense/headcount budgeting and coordination of shared resources across intercompany lines.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the management of Underwriting Support processing units. Responsible for all UW and UW support processes including automation and digital transformation initiatives. Provide input and make executive decisions on changing and improving processes.
- Build out Capabilites for Actuarial, Legal and Modeling Support for NA Underwriting Teams
- Monitor results of business segments and prepare regular reports to leaders and executive management in line with requirements of Falcon Business Division. Deliver summary of key account developments (e.g. deviations form plan, large losses) that have an outsized impact on segment results.
- Cooperate closely with Head of Operations (Falcon) in Munich to ensure operational and reporting consistency. Ensure support for other parts of the global Falcon network to the degree that services are globally shared.
- Liaise with shared service contacts within the Group to ensure resources are engaged and needs are met appropriately. Manage Service Level Agreement process with corporate/shared resources.
- Provide support for planning-related activities as requested. Investigate and respond to questions from key stakeholders regarding plan/forecast, results etc.
- Ensure operational and regulatory compliance of Single Risk Direct and Facultative business, consistent with the statutory entity's guidelines and capabilities. Serve as a key contact for the Risk & Control assessment processes for this business segment. Responsible for Business Continuity plans and records retention requirements for the division.
- Ensure and monitor the efficient handling of business from an operational perspective, consistent with the MR Group's Facilitating Standards guidelines. Represent the interests of the unit in operational and administrative processes such as IT prioritization and expense allocation discussions.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- 10+ years of strong operational experience and 5+ years in a senior management role.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing other business support units.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Solid knowledge of Facultative and Large Risk underwriting, operations, and finance, as well as a strong community involvement.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Munich Re US/NA and Munich Re Munich organization structure.