- Provide direction, implement strategies, set up the commissioning process, document and resolve all construction/building/Tenant deficiencies
- Ensure that all HVAC, building maintenance and operating systems are functioning efficiently.
- Oversee Building HVAC Operating Strategy, for example Preventative Maintenance Work Order System, Scheduled Maintenance, and Tenant Recovery Invoicing.
- Assist in Developing, tender and monitor all contracts for all functions including chillers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, water treatment, boilers, fire alarm system, etc.
- Assist to Prepare the annual operational budget for the FCP. Prepare all quarterly operations reports which address operational issues, initiatives and recommendations.
- Analyze costs and ensure budgeted items are addressed.Monitor and ensure all rechargeable work-orders and tenant-generated invoices are billed accurately to tenants on a monthly basis.
- Administration including, but not limited to, document submission to different and varying governing bodies in order to meet obligations under current Municipal rules regulations and codes or requirements including SOX.
- Research new technologies and provide a reduction of utilities and operating costs within the building/complex.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
This position requires a service-driven, professional and courteous individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written). Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
EXPERIENCE & TECHINCAL SKILLS:
- Must have experience working in large commercial buildings with a portfolio of retail and office tenants.
- Must have minimum 10 years’ supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge in the operation and repair & maintenance of HVAC systems, building services, and life safety equipment.
- Strong understanding of chemical water treatment theories and practices.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
University Degree, RPA or CPM or Post Secondary Education such as Building Environmental Systems Operator Class I and II designation or equivalent.