The position will lead a team of engineers, Service Level Managers, and Service Desk personnel to provide expert support in the areas of Service Delivery and Problem Resolution for the Marine Corps logistics managed service capability. As the leader of the GCSS-MC Service Operations function of the PDSS contract, the candidate is responsible for leveraging existing and identifying new partnerships with internal and external vendors/partners. This position will present and execute against annual availability targets. The position will execute against budgets including monthly financial review and forecasting. Perform other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned.
Daily Responsibilities include supporting:
- Government customer by reporting on operations metrics including availability, reliability and integrity.
- Operations by providing leadership and guidance to engineering staff in the performance of operations and incident and problem resolution.
- Must provide leadership, direction, mentoring and oversight to the software and hardware infrastructure teams.
- Identifies, communicates and holds staff accountable for performance expectations; monitors/appraises the job results/performance and promotes a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Manages the configuration, optimization, operations, and ongoing maintenance of multiple GCSS-MC instances
- Oversees systems performance data collection strategy, the monitoring of equipment and manages response during escalated severity one outages till closure.
- Responsible for continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable to meet government standard and business/operation needs.
- Monitors ongoing practices to ensure consistency with contractual and government policies, compliance regulations and control requirements.
- Lead, develop and mentor well trained and effective team of engineering managers and individual contributor professionals to ensure the efficient operation and delivery of superior service to customers.
- Using a robust team, oversees service request, incident and problem response processes to maintain high customer satisfaction via 24/7/365 Tier I, II and III Service Desk and Enterprise Application Administrators.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years related experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen, SECRET clearance or ability to get one
- ITILv3 Practitioner.
- Experience in IT Operations emphasizing Service Level Management, especially ITIL.
- Experience in supporting 24x7x365 Oracle application stacks.
- Mastery skill in troubleshooting transactional and online reporting systems in conjunction with infrastructure (server, network, COTS apps) to provide integrated, tuned solutions.
- In depth understanding of operating systems architecture (UNIX, Linux, and Windows) whether in native physical form or virtualized environment.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
• Project management experience with strong analytical and written/oral reporting skills.