Venable LLP has an opening for an Operations and Pricing Analytics Manager to support our Practice Management department in our Washington, DC headquarters. The Operations and Pricing Analytics Manager is responsible for advancing Venable’s strategic pricing capabilities and enhancing our existing operations analytics function, furthering our data driven messaging.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Defining, tracking and measuring firm and client performance for alternative fee arrangements.
- Evaluating pricing requests in RFPs and formulating appropriate pricing responses.
- Collaborating with internal teams to design and monitor performance against client/matter budgets, tiered client fee structures, and key performance metrics.
- Identifying areas for improved productivity and efficiency including analysis of staffing leverage, revenue realization costs of service deliveries, and performance against established quality metrics.
- Developing user-friendly tools for capturing critical profitability data; comprehending output for reviewing.
- Managing and assigning the daily workload of the Practice Management team’s Business Operations Analysts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or education/experience equivalent. MBA, JD, or other related advanced degreepreferred.
- A minimum of five years of related experience conducting financial analysis, preparing financialreports, and preparing/analyzing matter budget data.
- Must have experience performing comprehensive analyses of financial data (including profitability analyses) and developing financial models and reports.
- Prior supervisory experience in a professional services firm.
- Must have experience with financialbudgeting software, reporting and modeling tools, or business intelligence packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint; experience with SQL and Aderant preferred.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.