Job Title: Operations and Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: McLean, VA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire
"Due to the nature of the assignment, Only US Citizens may apply"
- Under the supervision of the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors, the Night Shift Operations and Maintenance Supervisor shall organize, plan, coordinate, and control the operations, maintenance, and repair of electrical distribution systems, plumbing, HVAC, fire protection, and building automated control systems.
The Night Shift Operations and Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor and has the responsibility to:
- Make sure that all work is performed in accordance with the current Statement of Work
- Supervise and direct all assigned electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair staff during the third shift in a manner that meets the requirement set by the SOW
- Possess the ability to work directly from blueprints, diagrams, schematics, specifications, and any other instructions covering emergency and scheduled repairs to include all PM's, service calls, work orders, and project tasks
- Well versed in Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems
- Handle disciplinary actions, carry out training, and evaluate personnel performance within the respective shifts
- Assemble and submit accurate weekly and weekend activity reports
- Enforce the QA/QC program and related tasks
- Execute work to the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Reviews and evaluates operations performance as compared to project plans implement corrective action when deficiencies are found
- Reviews section requirements forecasts and take appropriate actions to ensure that all requirements are being met
- Work directly with the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors as well as coordinating with branch department leads concerning the execution of maintenance and repair work schedules
- Ensure that all activities have operational plans for environmental protection (safety/fire protection) and ensuring operational continuity plans are in place during service outages
- Coordinate with the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors as well as the BOC/Work Management Center on priorities and work in progress
- Review estimates and designs from the government and internal departments
- Ensure that all safety training and requirements are being met
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- A minimum of ten years' experience in the maintenance operations of the large government or commercial facilities.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a responsible management/supervisory/Lead position responsible for facility maintenance operations.
- Thorough working knowledge of national and local electrical and mechanical codes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with customers and others in a positive way;
- Possess a strong background in industrial and commercial electrical and mechanical apparatus and control circuitry maintenance;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and on two-way radio;
- Possess a background in low voltage switchgear maintenance and repair;
- Possesses background in building mechanical system maintenance and repair;
- Must be thoroughly familiar with electrical and mechanical test equipment;
- High school, technical school, trade school, graduate school, or have completed an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship program.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or related discipline
- Master Electrician License or Master HVAC License or completion of formal U.S. Government courses in electrical power or mechanical systems, as related to facilities and plant maintenance.