JOB SUMMARY: The mission of the Combined Operations team is to provide quality service to our customers and producers that provides a competitive advantage in the market and supports revenue growth for both existing and new sales channels and markets. Our vision for Operations is to be a unified customer-focused organization emphasizing integrated service, cost effectiveness, efficiency and value.
The Operations Strategy & Performance group is responsible for developing key strategies to improve the effectiveness of our Operations in the U.S. and Canada, providing the project leadership and support needed to implement these strategies, and assisting the Operations team with thought leadership and other consulting assistance as needed. The group also provides key support activities related to operational performance and quality including resource planning, scheduling, capacity management, performance measurement and reporting, quality assurance, etc.
The Operations Analyst role is a key position within the Operations Strategy and Performance group reporting to the COE Lead. This role is focused on business process design and improvement, project management and execution, and impact measurement.
This individual will provide business consulting, analytical support and implementation leadership for Operations projects. This person will lead a portfolio of initiatives with multiple deliverables occurring simultaneously. He or she will ensure timely and accurate completion of all team members’ assigned duties to execute and complete the project and meet leadership’s expectations.
- Work closely with business leaders to evaluate, analyze and define business opportunities, potential solutions, and potential impacts on the organization.
- Support management in the planning phases, including development of project plans, detailed cost-benefit analyses, resource plans, and other materials required for formal approval.
- Facilitate the design of new or improved business solutions, processes, and management tools.
- Coordinate and implement department-level projects, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality project deliverables.
- Track and communicate project performance to management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and complete project records.
- Support implementation of strategic business initiatives and major projects on behalf of the business by performing additional assignments upon request from management.
- Build broad understanding of products and systems.
- Develop working relationships with management and staff across all functional areas.
- Actively contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the new Operations & Strategy Performance group.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong strategic and decision-making skills
- Very strong consultative and client engagement skills
- Experience facilitating workshops or focus groups
- Experience integrating business needs with technology capabilities
- Experience defining, documenting, analyzing and improving business processes
- Strong knowledge of business process management practices as well as LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong knowledge of project management practices
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently on assignments of moderate to high complexity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills
- Problem-Solving – Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues, breaking down issues into manageable parts and looking beyond the obvious to get at root causes.
- Solution Development – Understands business problems and requirements and develops practical, cost-effective solutions and recommendations.
- Continuous Learning / Improvement – Demonstrates a desire and capacity to expand expertise, develop new skills and grow professionally as well as think of better ways to do things.
- Adaptability – Ability to re-direct personal efforts in response to changing circumstances and being receptive to feedback.
- Results Orientation – Effectively executes on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes.
- Relationship-Building – Is helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Influencing Others – Ability to influence others with facts, trend analysis and other supporting data, to negotiate effectively to effect win-win outcomes, and to engage and motivate team members.
- Business Acumen – Understands the relationship between the activity and the business / customers impacted and applies business knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of business operations, consulting or project management experience
- PMP or Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus
- Experience in the insurance industry is preferred