The Operations Analyst will be responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and authoring requirements and specification documents for insurance software projects. Additional responsibilities will include change management, test management, communication and coordination of offshore development teams and branch office teams. Software projects include insurance policy and billing system integrations and configurations, implementing new lines of business and companies into corporate policy and billing platforms, insurance web portals, reporting and document generation projects.
- Business unit and I.T. team facilitation and coordination.
- Author requirements and specifications documents for insurance software projects.
- Author test plans and scripts and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Manage projects in Jira platform; author project status reports.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to offshore development staff.
- Integrate offshore software development schedules with full project schedules.
- Liaison to offshore development team.
- Matrix manage business and technology team members during the software SDLC.
- Collaborate with senior technicians on technical designs and PMO on project scheduling.
- SQL Server database design reviews.
- Authoring simple SQL and reading complex SQL.
- Special projects to be assigned as required.
- 15% Travel to our office sites.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science.
- 7+ years’ experience in a P&C, specialty, or MGA/MGU insurance industries.
- 4+ experience in executing lead analyst role on software development projects.
- Experience in authoring transactional system requirements and specifications.
- Experience in authoring web site requirements; experience in wire-framing a plus.
- Experience testing and configuring MGA/MGU management systems a plus.
- Knowledge of the insurance carrier or MGA/MGU sales and back office workflows.
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills that drive decision making.
- Requirements and specification writing to support web and transactional systems, system integrations.
- Test plan and test case/ script authoring to support web and transactional system, system integrations.
- Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Visio: flow charts, activity diagrams, logical database designs.
- Experience deploying applications.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer