Operations / A350 Program Manager
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking an Operations/A350 Program Manager for our Salt Lake City, UT, USA, Matrixlocation.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Forecasting of manpower to obtain the business plan
- Development and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Responsible for all elements of PSM and the updating of all documentation and actions
- Manage/develop Production Manager, Engineers and their teams
- Review production schedule monthly for potential variances on labor and overhead earnings
- Review manufacturing variances daily and weekly and implement and track corrective actions
- Responsible for the execution of the continuous improvement activities, Six Sigma Projects and reduction in COPQ
- Provide recommendations to configuration for updates to the BOM and route (throughput and yield)
- Customer interface on customer complaints, warranty claims, weekly calls and audits
- Coordinate 8D analysis on customer complaints and warranty claims.
- Implement robust corrective actions and manage the timely closure of all non-conformances
- Conduct root cause investigation for all OSHA recordable incidents and significant near misses and first aid incidents.
- Responsible for capacity analysis on all assets
- Manage weekly production meeting to review variances in the period and establish and drive improvements
- Coordinate with third party sub-contractor as needed to optimize product and minimize scrap while achieving safety stocks and OTD
- Coordinate with planning and scheduling to optimize the schedule to achieve OTD and efficiency objectives
- Responsible for trials and qualifications and reporting required for customer approval
- Review all inventory moves and consumptions on a weekly basis and implement corrective actions
- Responsible for line capability studies on key products and drive root cause corrective analysis to increase capability
- Coordinate with maintenance to develop quarterly, semi-annual, and/or annual PM frequency for all equipment
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or other related technical field required. MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with continuous manufacturing processes preferred.
- 5+ years’ leadership experiencepreferred
- Experience with process improvement and optimization. Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing methodologies, and SPC preferred. Black Belt certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Root Cause Analysis Techniques preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead and develop a group of professionals.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, achieve results, meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated track-record of performance excellence and technical expertise.
- Good background in utilizing statistical analysis preferred.
- Experience with a formal 8D analysis and quality systems preferred.
- APICS knowledge or certification preferred.
- A broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistical process control (SPC) preferred.