Are you someone who loves to challenge the status quo and a chance to demonstrate your critical thinking abilities? Do you want your work to be meaningful and make an impact in the housing industry? Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
- The Treasury Governance team within the Enterprise Operations Division sets the policy and requirements that governs the end-to-end payment process and provide oversight and advisory for payment processing activities.
- We help the company to manage risks related to payment process to an acceptable level and report on the end-to-end payment risk profile.
- Accountable for helping the Director execute a centralized comprehensive governance program over the company’s cash payment activities/systems.
- Maintain Payment Risk Management Framework, Risk Assessment Methodology and Risk Appetite that conforms with internal and industry leading practices, standards and specifications;
- Capture intelligence on and define and execute training Freddie Mac staff about payment fraud, industry trends and appropriate safeguards and tips;
- Execute oversight of line of business and IT divisions’ implementation of Corporate procedures through review of process documentation, controls and execution evidence with primary focus on IT processes and controls;
- Support periodic corporate aggregation assessments of unmitigated payment risks across the company, including using threat modeling approaches to identify new fraud threats;
- Review significant changes that impact payment processes or systems before release to a production environment to ensure that the risk and controls have been adequately assessed from an end-to-end view;
- Support periodic assessments of the end-to-end design of controls for all payment processes; and
- Support department’s operational risk and control self-assessment, issue management and liaise with internal audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of operational risk/process management and/or audit experience with focus on information technology
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience with a passion for leading and developing individuals to meet their highest level of potential
- Familiarity with the COSO internal control framework, threat modeling and executing internal control testing
- Knowledge of third party and information and technology risk and control capabilities (architecture, identity and access management, software/hardware security, etc.)
- Knowledge of mortgage industry and financial service payment processes desired
- Previous big four experience and/or relevant professional certifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIA, CPA, CFA, Six Sigma green belt/black belt, etc.) desired
Keys to Success in this Role:
- A sense of humor
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Sound consultation and communications skills
- Ability to think broadly but also be detail-oriented
- Ability to understand and work with a diverse group of partners within first, second and third line functions
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and results oriented problem solver with the capability of managing multiple priorities without heavy supervision
- Capable of working independently or within a collaborative team environment
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better