At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Please note: This position will report to the Head of Treasury, Merchant and Payment Services Compliance and Operational Risk (TMPSCOR). This individual will lead the Treasury, Merchant and Payment Solutions Business Control Team in the strategic development and implementation of a strong, independent front line of defense function. The successful candidate will possess strong compliance risk management and leadership skills consistent with the roles and responsibilities of the PVSI Group Compliance Office.
- Establish and administer the regulatory compliance risk management program for Treasury Management (including some International scope) and Merchant Services lines of business in a manner consistent with applicable regulatory requirements, requirements established by the enterprise compliance function and standards established by PVSI Risk & Compliance.
- Work closely with senior line of business leadership, as well as Wells Fargo Corporation Committee members to identify, escalate, and resolve existing and emerging regulatory compliance issues.
- Participate as a Senior Compliance executive in various Wells Fargo-wide compliance initiatives.
- Provide guidance on interpretation and implementation of existing and emerging regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs an annual risk assessment for product & services within assigned areas of expertise.
- Mange the team that is responsible for coordination of all regulatory interaction and exams in the lines of business.
- Serve as a voting member of the TMPS Compliance & Operational Risk Committee.
This position is open to all hub locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- A strong track record and business knowledge in financial services, including experience with treasury, commercial and/or merchant servicing related products.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the above lines of business, including Reg W, Reg CC, Volker Rule, UDAPP and ADA (Americans with disabilities Act) as well as regulatory requirements for the OCC, FDIC FRB and CFPB.
- Must be subject matter expert in process related to regulatory compliance risk and possess well-rounded knowledge of current compliance issues and challenges.
- Ability to comprehend and interrupt Bank policies and procedures.
- Experience working horizontally across the organization and participating in enterprise-wide implementations of major policy and relevant compliance programs across major business divisions.
- Strong interpersonal, influence and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts, to include virtual leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in geographically dispersed environments.
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners.
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding needs, and driving decision- making/resolution through a consensus building approach.
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action.
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess a sense of urgency about exceeding the objectives of the role.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a team of executives as well as experience working in a rapidly changing, highly complex matrixed environment.