At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The PVSI Control team is specifically responsible for the management of non-financial risk within PVSI, including operational risk, compliance risk, model risk, reputation risk and strategic risk.
There are 3 positions available on the Digital and Innovation Control team. These senior Operational Risk Consultants will be part of a team responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring, and management of non-financial risks related to the Innovation Group business processes.
The roles will contribute in providing business executives with an aggregate view of risks for the assigned initiatives and business processes, as well as assurance of the effectiveness and sustainability of the controls established. These positions provide the front line non-financial risk management support to the following processes:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Research and Development
- Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator & Idea Builder
- Innovation Ecosystem, Strategic Initiative Development, Generate New Concepts, & Business Case Review
Primary Front Line risk management responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide Digital & Innovation Control team risk management and control Subject Matter Expertise (SME) through active participation in all initiatives related to the processes. Accountable as the risk and control SME for business processes and associated initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate involvement of other Control team stakeholders across the enterprise to identify, assess and mitigate risks with a robust control environment, and to ensure compliance with applicable Wells Fargo Independent Risk Management (IRM) policies, procedures and standards. Engage IRM with on credible challenges.
- Identify and assess risks associated with new ideas, business cases, proofs of concepts / technology (POC/T), strategic initiatives, new/modified products/services, in conjunction with IRM and in accordance with policies and processes. Partner with business initiative or project teams to complete required Front Line risk assessments and artifacts (e.g., RANBI, EPM Risk Analysis). Ensure new initiatives and changes to processes are within Front Line and enterprise-level risk appetite limits.
- Partner with the business team and Third Party risk management SMEs to conduct Control team risk-related due diligence prior to onboarding new vendors and in accordance with enterprise-level standards; adhere to standards established by TPRM for onboarding and off-boarding third party relationships.
- Provide thought leadership in resolving conflicting positions among the Control team stakeholders to establish, wherever possible, a unified position on requirements; present risk positions to IRM stakeholders for credible challenge.
- Provide a central point of communication between the business and the Control team community supporting the initiative, as well as the IRM stakeholders overseeing the initiative.
- Lead Front Line Risk work stream(s) and meetings, in partnership with Legal, and other risk partners supporting the initiative.
- Support other processes as needed, that either cross the group, are less complex in nature, or confined to a small area of the business.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to articulate complex risk concepts and requirements in a clear, concise manner
- Experience with Emerging Technology including AI, Identity, and Distributed Ledger Technology
- Knowledge of external Startup and FinTech landscape and partnership opportunities
- Experience with Agile project management methodology
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.