At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk.We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management. The Operational Risk Group continues to build out a world-class technology risk management capability.
The Technology Risk Management Oversight (TRMO) organization is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and management of Wells Fargo’s enterprise technology risk management program. This function will be responsible for maintaining a strong technology risk culture. Consistent with other programs overseen by Corporate Risk, this position provides second-line-of-defense oversight to ensure an independent, integrated, and holistic view of Wells Fargo technology risks.
As part of the TRMO team, the responsibilities of this position will include:
- Cloud environment expertise in influencing end to end processes, establishing formal gating criteria and supporting policies/standards required in the planning, acquisition, deployment, migration and management of a Cloud computing capability
- Provide risk management oversight to a forward thinking Cloud strategic vision and direction, collaborate closely with existing Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), Enterprise Information Security (EIS) and 1st line risk management leaders, monitor action plans and milestones, inspire /transform and challenge new thinking
- Develop and present compelling views and conduct persuasive conversation focused on Cloud transformation and risk management activities
- Possess competencies of Organizational Change, Process Management, and Project/Program Management to oversee for results
- Partner closely with EIS, EIT, 1st line risk management leaders and third party service providers to ensure that Cloud initiatives are aligned with Enterprise priorities
- Ability to actively participate in and influence end to end key risk process development, and establishing guiding principles and formal risk based decision making gating criteria.
- Ensure adherence to supporting policies/standards by providing feedback, direction, and industry leading practices
- Providing reviews on remediation plans and provides feedback on strategy, governance, measurable benefits, metrics, scope and reasonableness
- Adept at working with business partners in identifying, implementing and monitoring relevant operational risk KRI/KPI metric thresholds
- Applies relevant risk, domain and change knowledge/experience to ensure the timely and effective identification, assessment and escalation of risks in a transparent manner
- Actively participates on appropriate Cloud and other committees, councils and work groups to ensure appropriate technology risk management coverage
- Possess strong communications skills, demonstrate critical thinking capabilities, and the ability to convey complex information and ideas both simply and clearly; be able to effectively communicate and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Effectively collaborating with business partners in the 1st and 2nd lines of defense in the establishment of new or updated risk management processes for the specific technology risk domain
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with senior leaders including 1st line, 2nd line, IT, Info Security, Operational Risk, Internal Audit and Compliance
Preferred location is Charlotte, NC other locations in the WF footprint will be considered
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will clearly demonstrate the following experience, knowledge and/or abilities:
- Demonstrated technology experience in change management and the ability to assess whether change will adversely affect the operational environment and introduce unacceptable risk
- Expertise providing oversight/leadership of successful risk management initiatives in the cloud
- Expertise in understanding business impacts of technology decisions as they relate to cloud adoption and specifically risk management and security. Be a change agent on Cloud Transformation
- Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Clouds
- Strong leadership and influencing skills within a complex, matrix environment; able to gain support and cooperation and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members to achieve results without direct organizational control
- Strong communications skills both written and oral; able to broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Possesses extensive risk management strategy and governance, technology, and process knowledge across risk domain capabilities including Cloud solutions, patch and vulnerability management, IaaS, PaaS, and network segmentation