At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers� financial needs and help them succeed financially. We�re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you�ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally.� Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.� We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Regulatory Control is seeking a dynamic contributor who has the proven capability to identify, assess and remediate risk through a highly developed Business Process Management (BPM)/Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) skillset.� The Operational Risk Consultant will have subject matter expertise in all areas of BPM/RCSA including process assessment and design, operating/desktop procedures, process mapping and risk assessment and rating, control design, monitoring and self-assurance/quality testing design and implementation, performing end to end risk assessments and executing disciplined change management routines.� The candidate will be responsible for providing insight into control gaps or enhancements, monitoring activities and self-assurance activities.� In addition, the role will be responsible for ensuring that process reviews are completed in a timely manner according to Enterprise policy.� Additional responsibilities include:
- Continuously engaging in discussions with LoB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate regulatory risk control issues.
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LoB process and control owners on identifying where controls reside, control design, managing control changes and evaluating effectiveness.
- Supporting Regulatory Programs, LoB Coverage teams, Regulatory Change Management and various operational groups with design and implementation of procedures, controls, monitoring/testing and issue remediation for new Regulatory Programs
- Providing expertise and consistency in authoring Issues and Corrective Actions to ensure milestone commitments and required substantiation artifacts are defined, understood, and resourced up front, and are monitored for timely and thorough completion throughout the life-cycle of issue remediation.
- Ensuring sustainability and substantiation of readiness to close Regulatory Program Issues and Corrective Actions prior to validation by Wholesale Control, Audit and Regulators.
- Executing and evaluating continuous-improvement reviews of existing procedures, process maps, controls, monitoring/testing, reporting, issue management and escalation, and recommend remediation activities to Regulatory Program and LoB Coverage teams.
- Comparing and evaluating differences in WF peer LoB Regulatory Program RCSA/BPRM frameworks and assessing best practices for adoption in Wholesale.
- Ensuring Wholesale Regulatory Control alignment to Wholesale and Firm-Wide RCSA/BPRM frameworks and protocols
- Conducting in-depth risk assessments and identifying gaps and improvement opportunities in procedures, processes, tools and technology, controls, monitoring/testing, results assessment, escalation and remediation.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit�s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Microsoft Visio experience
- A Master's degree or higher
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work within highly complex regulatory frameworks
- Experience with process re-engineering and solution, and principles of Business Process Modeling.
- Experience in analyzing complex business problems, defining business and technical requirements with attention to details, user experience design, and system performance.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development, implementation, and support stages of projects, particularly planning, organizational change management, process engineering, and infrastructure enablement.
- Understanding of technology platforms to enable compliance and regulatory needs.
- Identifying potential gaps in controls, KRIs, and KPIs and monitoring activities and prioritize proposed risk mitigation activities for addressing priority business process gaps; monitor resulting action plans.
- Strong grasp of risk control and assessment methodologies and practices including but not limited to RCSA.
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and an understanding of how they are implemented, managed and enforced in the Wholesale LoBs.
- Understanding business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale.
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze issues when data is collected from multiple sources and know how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to properly assess potential risks.
- Ability to act as a liaison between stakeholder partners which includes the ability to consult on identified risk issues or gaps.
- Broad understanding of the Wholesale lines of businesses including but not limited to Commercial Lending, Commercial Capital, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group and COO.
- Ability to act as a liaison between stakeholder partners which includes the ability to consult on identified risk issues or gaps
- Relationship building and relationship management skills to influence and direct strategy.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team within Wholesale Control, and collectively across Compliance, Audit and other key partnerships.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Six Sigma certification or other risk management discipline certification
- 4 year BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.