At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wholesale Operational Risk Group Office (WGORO) has an exciting opportunity for an Operational Risk Consultant to provide governance and oversight of the Third Party Risk Management Program, independent risk management function within Corporate Risk. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing enhanced oversight activities relating to Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) for several Wholesale Lines of Business (LOBs).
Key aspects of this role include:
- Developing effective partnerships with Wholesale LOBs, enterprise TPRM partners and other business partners
- Teamwork and collaboration are keys to understanding the business risk and ensuring the control environment is effectively aligned to our risk appetite and strategy
- Risk remediation activities
- Establish credible challenge routines with LOBs
- Development of metrics and trending for oversight analysis
- Consult and perform analysis of key performance indicators
- Support the build out and execution of enhanced oversight processes and procedures specific to Third Party Risk Management for Wholesale lines of business
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargos Third Party Information Management Systems (TRIMS) database
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Wholesale banking experience
- International or wholesale banking exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Solid negotiation skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Vendor management experience
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting documents/reports
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong influence skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively and independently across multiple lines of business using relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience supporting internal audit and regulatory reviews a plus
- Previous Third Party Service Provider risk management (vendor management) experience