At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We have an exciting Operational Risk Consultant opportunity that will cover EIT Regulatory Compliance Management. The successful candidate will work across EIT teams, providing leadership in the performance and transformation of the EIT Regulatory Compliance Management program and related deliverables. The candidate will possess self-motivation and have a proven ability to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management.
Our environment continues to be one of the heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense, this role will provide support to ensure Enterprise Information Technology is accountable for risks associated with technology activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting. This role will work regularly with EIT teams and Second Line functions to ensure a strong control environment exists for compliance with technology laws, regulations, and rules.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a subject matter expert supporting the regulatory compliance lifecycle, which includes major requirements review of laws, regulations and rules both domestically and internationally, establishment of compliance objectives for technology, identification and risk evaluation of compliance gaps, ongoing monitoring of compliance baselines and action plans to ensure sustained compliance.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for EIT to aid in the identification, documentation, and remediation of technology compliance risk management gaps.
- Will ensure regulatory compliance management process, routines, procedures and guidelines are maintained in audit ready state. Will ensure corporate tools and systems of records are leveraged to create a comprehensive view of the technology regulatory control environment.
- Will assist with the advancement and maintenance of the EIT library of applicable authoritative sources and major requirements.
- Will develop and implement process improvements to sustain an end to end alignment with Wells Fargo enterprise technology risk management program for regulatory compliance.
- Will ensure the strong risk management and regulatory compliance culture is maintained and will drive accountabilities across diverse stakeholders within technology and operational risk. Will ensure compliance risks are maintained within KPI/KRI boundaries. If breached, will ensure proper mitigation and notification to technology and operational risk oversight committees.
- Will ensure the development and distribution of compliance management reports and dashboards. Will ensure data quality and validation controls are maintained in support of accurate reporting.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of regulatory compliance management operational risk experience within an IT Financial Services environment with an emphasis on regulatory review, regulatory compliance governance, compliance risk management, compliance baseline management and aggregate risk profiling, KPI and KPI development.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (esp. PowerPoint and Excel or Access)
- Demonstrated knowledge of top domestic and international laws, regulations, rules: FFIEC, GLBA, BASEL II, EU Directive, FEDERAL Act on Data Protection, Ireland Consolidated Data Protection Acts etc.
- Ability to interpret and communicate impact of regulation to technology operations and its business in risk and compliance terms. Ability to determine and debate applicability, provide guidance and engage stakeholders in the development of actions to meet compliance objectives.
- Broad knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt., problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit.
- Knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP desired but not required