The lead is primarily responsible for oversight of risk, compliance and Management Information (MI) within the CSOTC tower. This includes working with the embedded Accounts Receivable & Credit (AR&C) Teams to manage risk, AR exposure and bad debt. The lead will also provide assurance that financial control processes are operating effectively for CET Audits.
The lead will be designated as the preparer of the Quarterly Due Diligence report for Internal Controls (IC) and extended leadership on behalf of the entire AR&C team.
This role will assist in root cause investigations, overseeing the entire CSOTC Tower. These responsibilities include having a keen eye for risk and compliance, assessing risk effectively as well as fact finding to gather the support needed to properly mitigate/implement solutions to prevent future occurrences.
The lead will partner with senior business partners in support of MI and accounting processes such as AR and bad debt reconciliation, data interpretation, system tie-outs, etc. The lead will perform ad hoc requests originated from the business partner and internal stakeholders that involve data mining from the ERP system and explaining key findings.
This role will lead and support the CSOTC tower in internal group audits and external (3rd party) SOX audits.
This role will manage Segregation of Duties reporting as well as have Delegation of Authority oversight.
This role will monitor our BPO/Accenture business partner and their performance, in addition to global and internal teams’ deliverables for accuracy and timeliness.
This role will liaise with Operations Managers to identify and integrate work from our business partners into the AR&C teams as well as stabilize and standardize work for possible sourcing opportunities.
The lead will have a deep understanding of sales, use and excise tax processes and regulatory structure.
• Knowledge in Accounts Receivable and Credit (Over Credit Limit, Exposure, and Overdue reporting) processes
• Deliver Monthly MI (e.g. Scorecard, Dashboard, Accounting Close Reports, etc.)
• Key liaison and escalation point with our BPO partner
• Oversight of design and creation of databases for reporting as required
• Lead reporting close activities
• Manage the loyalty card programs
• Accountable for performing necessary research and analysis while implementing reporting changes in alignment with the evolution of our business partners
• Tag for general business communication updates, distribution directly to stakeholder audience
• Provide guidance on AR&C report navigation and interpretation, as requested
• Participate in AR&C and GBSA projects, leveraging knowledge and skills to provide relevant insight
• Key GBS contact and representative with Embedded Credit teams and third party vendors, acting as a subject matter expert on reporting and data aggregation
• Understand how requested changes to processes will impact reporting/MI and work with the appropriate GBS and embedded teams to ensure requirements are met
• Leverage a deep understanding of end to end AR&C processes to lead the monthly and quarterly reporting processes and face to face business partner quarterly meetings
• Partner with embedded business teams and GBS stakeholders to ensure reporting delivery is effectively meeting the needs of our customers
• Lead the Red Flags Program for the CSOTC tower in accordance with the Fuels Trade Commission Association/Board of Directors
• Oversight of CFDB and 1099 reporting for trade loans
• Perform required due diligence to ensure compliance is adhered to and risk is assessed
• Facilitate and maintain process excellence (ARIS/SOP/KM/DTP’s, Job Aids)
• Drive standardization through continuous improvement methodology within the AR&C team
• Assist with tax compliance and audit projects as needed
• Provide CET Audit assurance for applicable GBS processes
• Bachelor’s degree
Essential experience and job requirements:
• 5-7 years of Finance & Accountingexperience
• 5 years of end to end AR&C experience
• Ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction
• Ability to deliver on objectives in ambiguous and changing environment
• Experience managing multiple local and global projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate results and recommendations to leadership and business partners
• Ability to develop effective networks and relationships, influencing at senior levels
• Solid understanding of financial statements: balance sheet, income statements and cash flow
• Experience managing offshore teams and performance/metrics
• Ability to make sound business decisions based upon the analysis of financial and non-financial Internal Controls and Compliance information
• Experience interpreting reporting results and delivering them as appropriate
• Solid analytical and financial skills with knowledge of financial controls and risk assessment
• Experience working with ARCM (CET’s)
• Experience in ERP systems such as SAP or JDE
• CI Connect/Risk Register experience
• Knowledge Management experience
• Cross-functional awareness
• Strong time-management and task prioritization skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving skills
• Strong background and knowledge with identifying/completion on continuous improvement opportunities
• Excellent communication-both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
Ability to work in the Naperville, IL office location. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• Experience in the areas of risk, compliance, and audit
• Commitment to standardization and reducing complexity
• Consistent track record of implementing continuous improvement initiatives
• Strong work ethic and accountability; ability to work within tight deadlines
• Effective organization and time management skills
• Experience in change management
• Able to define reporting processes with little direction
• Consistently demonstrate initiative, willingness to learn; sharing knowledge both formally and informally
• Commitment to standardization, optimization and reducing complexity
• Experience in evaluating and/or developing business processes and controls, ensuring that they are operating efficiently and that the controls are robust
• Business knowledge/experience within Lubricants, Fuels, Air BP, Asphalt, Sulfur and HVC