Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Management Reporting Strategic Initiatives and Operational Readiness in the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group at MUFG, the Management Reporting Operational Readiness and Training Manager will be responsible for ensuring organizational (people and process) readiness is undertaken in parallel with all systems-related change activities, both for major initiatives and as part of our business-as-usual change activities. This Operational Readiness Analyst will ensure all required people and process change is identified, planned, and implemented in parallel with the project systems requirements and there are detailed plans and specifications to ensure successful delivery of change and user adoption. In addition to ensuring the associate population is familiar with upcoming changes to systems, the Operational Readiness Analyst will also ensure that any changes to current operating processes and procedures are well documented and communicated and organizational readiness is assessed before changes are implemented and will monitor the stability of the operations environment once changes are implemented.
Major Responsibilities: Development of Readiness Assessment Tools including the following:
- Operational Readiness Requirements Documentation — Participation in project work teams to get a clear understanding of anticipated changes and to ensure operational readiness business requirements (people and process changes) are captured and documented along with any systems change requirements.
- Business Process Documentation and Process Control Definition —Documentation of new or updates to existing business processes and process controls and monitoring approach to ensure adherence to critical process steps and mitigation of risk
- Standard Operating Procedures — Assists with development, compliance, documentation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training documentation and communication materials.
- Readiness Assessment and Gap Analysis — to provide a readiness overview and help determine to what extent key factors are in place, such as change specification developed, change targets identified, roles and responsibilities defined, end state defined and understood, feedback plan created, alignment established among all stakeholders.
- Readiness/Implementation Checklist — identification of steps required to successfully implement the end state people and process model
- Operational Readiness Risk Assessment and Escalation—Identification of risks and issues that put successful project implementation at risk, escalation and mitigation process to address those issues.
- Training and Communications Development and Ongoing Maintenance—
- Implement the FP&A Training Framework and establish the FP&A training program which should include training curriculum for OFSAA, Hyperion, and OBIEE
- Conduct ongoing monthly systems training for new users (dimensionality, financialreporting, functional, etc.); Maintain existing training as new changes are made to systems.
- Development communication materials to clearly communicate upcoming change, business benefit, and user impact.
- Establish centralized training and procedures repository for Management Reporting organization and procedural documentation consistency and alignment with enterprise standards
- Track completion of required systems and operational training for Management Reporting organization
- Target State Governance Model Documentation — Documentation of process and governance required to support new technology change (e.g. governance model for managing changes to the organizational and product hierarchy; governance model for business rules updates)
- Readiness/Implementation Plan— Development of a comprehensive Operational Readiness Implementation Plan that is well structured and rigorous, and contains a step-by-step approach outlining the order in which the new system or process improvements will be implemented for the end-user community and the readiness activities to occur prior (i.e. communications, training, hiring, etc.)required to ensure all resources are ready for upcoming change. Example planwould include the following:
- Readiness Approach
- Implementation Tasks and Major Milestones (Project Plan) in Support of Readiness Plan
- Target State Team Organization Structure
- Resource Requirements for Target State Operating Model
- Critical Success Factors - Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Implementation Risks
- Implementation Checklist
- Performance Reporting — Post-Implementation Operations Reporting and Monitoring of KPI’s related to implementation of new processes and procedures to support technology change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems – OFSAA, Hyperion, OBIEE
- Minimum of 10 years of experience interfacing with senior management, control partners, operations and various lines of business
- Ability to plan and execute tactical actions to implement strategic objectives
- Proven effectiveness in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong leadership abilities, collaboration, and communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Requisition #: 10021533-WD