Why join us:With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world. Key ResponsibilitiesDrives continuous improvement throughout the plant and identifies projects to achieve operational excellence. Supervises Process Engineers. Provides support from designated resources across departments (Maintenance, Engineering, Quality). Conducts root cause analyses for events in Quality, Production/Shipping, Mechanical and Safety, and provides report within 24 hours. Maintains the Master Tracker which involves rates, online time, quality, pareto analysis, mean time to failure, failure mode analysis. Develops project justifications. Leads debottlenecking efforts. Submits daily report of plant operations by 8am. Responsible for campaign details for dryers, milling, granulation and packaging. Submits month summary involving pareto analysis, online time, rates, yield and quality. Conduct month project review in an open forum and provides opportunities for suggestions. Conducts a monthly project review with senior leadership. Reports on the sustainability of implemented actions. Maintains vision management boards. Conducts training in LEAN/6 Sigma to help develop other employees. (Bi-weekly lunch and learn topics, and rotating supervisors through green belt training). Responsible for 5S/Housekeeping projects and Kaizen events. Develop active continuous improvement projects with defined timelines dictated by prioritization with the goal of saving $500M in costs in the first year related to online time, yield, rate and quality.
Experience and Education BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering 5+ years of hands on experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Lean Six Sigma Certified Black Belt Functional and Technical Skills Proven experience in cost savings related to continuous improvement efforts. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be detail oriented. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels. Self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead and drive operations improvements. Strong computer skills. PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.