$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Summary of Position:
The Operating Excellence Manager will work directly with Regional Operations Managers, Plant Managers, and tkSCS associates from Supply Chain Services, Distribution Services, Containment Services, and Transportation. The focus is on improving current processes, eliminating redundancies, improving material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety, and 6S. The position is responsible for contributing knowledge, performing analysis, developing solutions, assisting with project implementation, providing training, auditing and measuring results.Key Expectations:• Compliance to all Corporate, Legal and Company policies. Model Integrity – there can be no suspicion of ethics or morality weakness.
• Meet tkMNA Employee Attributes and supports company values. Must ensure that we act in a Self-Controlled manner and at all times treat others with the verbal and emotional respect.
• Provide Operational Excellence leadership, which includes: identifying performance, customer service and competitive weaknesses; developing solution options using continual improvement methods; documenting Processes, Work Instructions and forms required for operations. • Compliance, leadership, and education to Workplace Safety for State, Federal and Company
• Support, educate and promote the decisions of tkMNA, tkSCS and the Operating Excellence team.
• Provide leadership and support during customer launches. Including tracking and measuring of results and tasks. • Provide training and coaching for tkSCS associates.• Ensure all safety and quality system policies, procedures, and work instructions are implemented and maintained at facilities.• Conduct and facilitate AIW's and 6S activities with tkSCS associates. Ensure understanding of current processes and challenges, encourage input and joint development of solutions.
• Perform audits to ensure compliance to state, legal and company requirements. Ensure that all records are readily available and secured.• Provide support, input and report out to Management Review Meetings when requested. • Define and manage multiple operational improvement initiatives concurrently. • Effectively manage multiple projects across multiple facilities in the organization. • Develop and share best practice documentation, tools and learning across the organization.• Assist in the role out and training for all new Process or Programs identified through TKMNA• Ensure projects, processes and programs are aligned with business strategy.
• Inform and seek guidance from the Directors of Operating Excellence and Executive Management within area of responsibility. • Complete and assist with Accident investigations, claims management and implementation of corrective actions. • Knowledge of FTZ (Foreign Trade Zone) Operations and program• Certified in Hazmat/Hazcom for DOT and Material Handling The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
• Minimum of 5 Years of logistics business experience and 1 year of Operating Excellence/EHS experience.• Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering or Business, or equivalent work experience.• Experience in planning for and executing capital projects to improve material handling, inventory storage and retrieval, machine setup and utilization, product/service quality, safety, and information management. • Hazmat and Hazcom Certified and experience
• FTZ Knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated competency in advanced project planning and management.
• Exposure to safety programs and ISO standards. • Ability to lead and direct improvement projects. • Group facilitation and trainer/instructor skills. • Ability to learn and perform statistical analysis. • Strong organizational skills. • Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and Access. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the company. • Willingness to travel up to 50%, to include possible international travel.
Valid Through: 2019-11-9