The Operational Excellence Coach is responsible for identifying, leading and implementing continuous improvement measures at the Lexington site through the use of standardized Lean/Six Sigma-based tools to simplify processes, improve quality, remove waste and reduce cost. Support development and deployment of the site Continuous Improvement Master Plan. Build strong relationships in their respective partnerships, becoming intimate with their mission, processes and requirements. Using robust change management skills, the incumbent will communicate across the organization to ensure key stakeholders are aware and supportive of changes and their benefits, at all levels of the organization and locations as required.
40% – Lead Improvement Projects / Events
Lead the design and implementation of improvement initiatives or events for processes that have a cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve Shire business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement. Complete strategic projects and Kaizen events in alignment with Lexington site strategic deployment plan.
40% – Lead and Coach Change
Act as a coach and change agent to instill a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization. Standardize approach for and application of Lean/Six Sigma tools, and methods. Ensure OE standards (e.g. DMAIC, Lean, Root Cause Analysis) are being used for problem solving (tools and methods) and daily continuous improvement. Train and coach Belt candidates on Lean and Six Sigma methods, mentor candidates to completion and certification.
20% – Business Partner
Provide general support for the Lexington CI Master Plan, including identification/chartering/prioritization of improvement opportunities. Coach colleagues on standard work and adoption of Lean and Six Sigma principles and behaviors. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a technical field/business required, advanced degreepreferred
- Lean and/or Six SigmaBlack Belt or equivalent.
- 5-8years experience in a Lean/Six Sigma role preferably in bio/pharmaceutical, biotechnology or life science industry.
- A proven record of accomplishments in continuous improvement events/projects, team leadership and problem-solving, demonstrated success initiating change.
- Strong coaching experience and application of Operational Excellence methods and tools.
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytical methods to improve processes, including the following methodology/tools: Six Sigma (DMAIC), Value Stream Mapping, Control Plans, Mistake Proofing, Root Cause and Corrective Action, Kaizen, 5S.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of business processes
- Excellent team dynamics skills focused on strong team leadership and participation
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization, emphasis on oral presentation skills, classroom training techniques, facilitation, coaching and feedback.
- Ability to challenge current state and motivated to improve the business; ability to influence without authority at all levels of the organization.
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
- Drive for results, sense of urgency
Other Job Requirements:
Limited travel (domestic and international) required.
Req ID: R0020812