Summary of the role of Operational Excellence Coach
- Supports all of the plant's functional sectors in the development and achievement of their objectives and projects to achieve all of the establishment's objectives and the achievement of the group's strategic plan.
- Taking into account the goals and objectives of the department, collaborates with the chief managers of the functional teams in the review of business processes, including change management and communication plans, and in the implementation of new processes . Acts as an agent of change by reviewing processes to identify opportunities and eliminate redundant or unnecessary tasks. Suggest new working methods in order to reduce overall costs and improve the health and safety of colleagues, product quality and supply (lead times and reliability).
- Participate in the definition, implementation and review of a continuous improvement program including action plans and budget impact analyzes for the plant. Encourages colleagues and leaders at all levels within the plant to embed continuous improvement into the corporate culture.
- Provides training and coaching to colleagues on business process improvement tools and techniques, such as the Yellow and / or Green Belt approaches and the SMED (Single Minute Exchange) quick tool change method. of Die).
- Simultaneously coordinates several improvement projects identified in the T1, T2 and T3 continuous improvement loops and acts as a facilitator in the prioritization process using selection tools and innovative techniques.
- Ensures that all GMP regulations and company policies are applied during organizational effectiveness activities.
Continuous improvement and standardization of business processes
- In partnership with the chief managers of the functional teams, identifies, analyzes and resolves bottlenecks relating to business processes, oversees process improvement and improves integration throughout the plant. Implements initiatives aimed at improving plant performance in the five areas of safety, quality, supply, costs and employees. When applicable, prepares and directs diagnostic activities to identify, prioritize and apply new, forward-thinking improvement opportunities.
- In partnership with the chief managers of the teams, lead the re-design of the plant's business processes. Provides complete, realistic and effective solutions to optimize business processes, and communicates them to internal customers. The projects include several phases: problem definition, data collection and analysis, documentation development, planning, implementation of changes and monitoring of the implementation.
- Ensures that plant practices align with those of the Network Excellence Team and maintains communication with the Network Excellence Team and other network factories.
- Acts as an operational system expert (DMS-IMEx) with functional teams in one or more ecosystems. Participate, with each of the element and ecosystem managers, in the exchanges of the community of practice in order to evaluate the proposed changes, to discuss best practices and to compare them. Ensures that stakeholders and plant managers fully understand the new standards and tactical books related to operational activities and that they apply them.
Financial action plans & Project management
- Prepares and maintains annual action plans for departmental projects, including analysis of financial impact, and ensures that situation follow-ups are carried out regularly with the senior management team.
- Develops and implements improvement projects. Ensures harmonization of efforts and that group tasks are completed on time. Identifies and resolves issues related to interrelated projects and dependencies.
Animation and supervision
- Acts as a facilitator for improvement activities, such as Kaizen and the continuous improvement loop. Understands and adapts team dynamics to achieve optimal results and spark creativity and innovation.
- Gives colleagues training on Lean / Six Sigma methods; supports and mentors colleagues who perform Lean / Six Sigma activities.
- Prepares the integration program for new colleagues on the process team and coordinates its delivery.
- Supports special projects by taking a leadership role in their implementation and directing other colleagues. Takes action required to focus team efforts and resolve business issues. Develops the work plan and forms the team required to achieve the desired results.
- BAC in industrial engineering or related studies
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or in a factory
- 3 years of experience in a continuous improvement role or similar role
- Team player
- Bilingualism; French English
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools and systems
- Good financial skills, including a very good understanding of cost accounting concepts and methods
- Extensive business knowledge (material management, manufacturing execution, QC / QA and / or engineering and maintenance)
- Experience in or knowledge of how Human Performance will lead to a Zero Defect culture.