The Operational Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial integrity and contractual obligations of accounts receivable invoicing, time processing and project set up. The Employee will also be responsible for working closely with senior management to ensure the accuracy of all invoices and deferred revenue recognition. The Operational Accounting Manager will work with sales ops to advise them when maintenance contracts are expiring to proactively quote renewals.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, strong accounting experience in a software development company. This will be a hands on working supervisor.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Provide leadership, develop, oversee and review work, etc. of accounts receivable team.
- Initiate posting of invoice batches
- Review / Perform DL Issuance Accrual for Revenue / COGS
- Review contract documents to ensure accuracy of invoices, including price changes
- Manage timely closing of monthly invoicing, including intercompany transactions. Communicate with internal personnel to strive to improve the timeliness of information required for invoicing.
- Manage Project Administration which includes tracking of Service Manager for Project requests, setting up or closing of projects with the direction of the Project Accountant, granting access to employees with the approval of the Program Manager
- Review and Post all Timesheet transactions. Ensure labor balances are reconciled.
- Promote adherence to company policies and procedures and support the annual business plan by delivering assigned MBOs
- Assist Internal Audit with SOX 404 compliance testing of key controls, the maintenance of adequate internal controls, self-assessment, the documentation of processes and procedures related to the Revenue Cycle
- Promote continuous process improvement by assessing current processes, recommending and implementing new processes within the area of responsibility while taking advantage of new technology whenever possible
- Assist the Manager with timely submission of auditschedules for monthly, quarterly, and annual financialaudits
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accounts Receivable or General Accounting experiencerequired
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products (above average Excel skills required). Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Understanding of financial terms related to software development
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Oversees and supervises project and service support employees and functions as assigned
- Foster a team environment that promotes growths
- Ability to coordinate and communicate across time zones
- Ability to anticipate and/or proactively address issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 6+ years of progressive industry experience working in a fast paced environment required, prefer experience with similar size US based software company
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with contracts, change orders and working in a government contracting environment preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing team of at least 4 preferred
- Experience with a mid to large ERP system, MS Dynamics ERP system (Great Plains) preferred
- Prior ERP implementation experience plus
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Must be able to travel occasionally by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and visit remote employees