Auto req ID: 5587BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport - The opportunity to go further!
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference to the millions of people who travel around the world. As an Operational Account Manager, you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for managing our relationships with airline customers, building stronger connections and maximising value for these important customers.
The varied and challenging Operational Account Manager role will involve; working as part of a central account management team responsible for interfacing with regional airline customers to support distribution and commercial development through the Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan systems. In addition to supporting the sales of new products and services, the person in this role supports the implementation and activation of distribution products and services for airline customers, and addresses and resolves customer concerns related to product and system functionality. The person in this position has the authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and its airline customers, both from a financial standpoint and product utilization standpoint.
- Must understand and be able to discuss at a high level, industry standards relative to teletype and GDS connectivity, fare, availability and schedule filing in order to resolve ad hoc issues as identified by airline customers or internally by other departments within the company.
- Must be flexible and dependable; willing to work as part of a team picking up additional responsibility from colleagues when necessary.
- Must understand and be able to explain the terms, conditions and implications of the relevant Travelport GDS airline contracts. This includes Travelport International Global Airline Participation Agreement (TIGADA), Travelport Participation Agreement (TPA) and Full Content Agreements (where applicable) and any other agreements that may be in place and applicable to our customers.
- In partnership with the GDSS Commercial team, this person is the face of Travelport for our key customers who are experiencing any unexpected challenges that involve any of our GDS cores.
- Provides key functional support during the post-sales activity required for the implementation of new products.
- Take complete ownership for all operational account and service management and is the first point of escalation for queries that are not resolved via the usual customer service channels.
- Ensure team establishes and maintains regular contact with key airline customers to ensure service issues including but not limited to fares, display, ticketing and problem tickets are assigned and resolved appropriately.
- Maintain records of customer contracts, contacts and various sales and account management activity in the designated customer relationship management system.
- Keep up to date with and maintain an appreciation of market challenges faced by the relevant Sales and Marketing Organizations and National Distribution Companies/Operators and take this into consideration when resolving problems for the airlines.
- Where applicable ensure agency facing teams (primarily sales and GSO) have clear understanding of Travelport’s Airline Full Content Addendum’s so they can effectively sell the benefits as well as equipping the teams to effectively police airline infringements.
- Ensure all appropriate employees and NDC’s, if applicable, are kept aware of support procedures and ensure a process is set up so the support team can provide guidance to market teams as required.
- Assist in keeping relevant Commercial teams fully appraised of airline account management and support issues that have a significant impact on their market.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- 4-yeardegree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Accomplished and experienced Account Manager or Customer Services Manager; with a track record of delivering superior customer service within a competitive and challenging environment as well as creatively resolving customer issues and concerns successfully and in a timely manner.
- 3+ years travel industry or GDS (Galileo, Apollo or Worldspan) experience within a sophisticated international business environment; including some exposure to related commercial elements.
- Must be self- motivated, a proactive team player and willing to accept change and embrace new ideas with a focus on contributing to the overall success of the customer, the team and the company.
- Must be customer focused and detail oriented with proven ability to bring issues to excellent resolutions.
- Ability to organize, analyze details, prioritize and present information in an easy to understand manner. (Fare and/or pricing experience in particular would be very advantageous.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and assign priority according to company guidelines.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages considered a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and, in particular, to explain complex situations and resolve problems competently and confidently on the telephone.