Beverly Hills, CA
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
Private Lender, Investment, Commercial Real Estate Company
Beverly Hills 90211
Our Client is a privately-owned real estate investment, development, and finance firm with over 30 years of real estate experience. Located in West LA, they have successfully kept ahead of the competition in response to new business opportunities. This is a fast growth company, with an opportunity for a dynamic senior level individual who wants to be a part of building a successful business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operations and Control Improvement
· Work in concert with IT, Accounting, and Asset Management to implement new systems and streamline procedures
· Create and document policy and procedure to memorialize best practices for the accounting, asset management, and property management department
· Provide suggestions in streamlining any inefficient procedures in the system
· Identify interdepartmental communication and operational voids between departments and provide recommendations in resolving them
· Work closely with Asset Management to build a collaborative working relationship, and provide any value-add information in improving protocol and controls within the department.
· EXAMPLE: manage the takeover procedure of a property and how the property data needs to be transferred into the centralized ERP system,
· Establish proper operational controls for all accounting functions such as banking, wiring, ACH, payroll, deposits, etc.
· Able to instill a system of accountability amongst peers across the department
· Oversee all accounting responsibilities of the company (AR, AP, Financial Preparation, Treasury Management)
· Determine any human resource necessities within the Accounting department
· Set achievable internal targets, deadlines, practices and programs to measure performances of all types within the accounting department
· Manage staff preparation of monthly and quarterly financial work-papers. Additionally, provide guidance and issue resolution in monthly financialreporting.
· Build and enhance a strong accounting team that provides proactive support and execution of responsibilitiessupporting the current and future needs of the business.
· Mentor and manage the accounting department which includes employee engagement, training, leadership, and professional development.
Reporting and Communication
· Prepare, review and present internal financialreporting and analysis, including asset managementreports. Includes updating accruals, coordination of comments for variance between results and budget/underwriting, and cash flow analysis.
· Analyze investment operations; accurately applydistribution allocations to forecast cash flows and returns using agreements and operating agreement structure, including complex co-invest and joint-venture structures
· Review complex consolidated Trust financials and explain nuances to lenders
· Handle all ad-hoc information requests from investors relations, 3rd party professionals, and senior management
· Manage cash flow for Properties, and Global Cashflow of business
· Act as the liaison between the internal accounting team and the external CPA firm in its preparation of multi-entities tax returns for trust, JV, lending, property, and corporate entities
· Manage and coordinate all interdepartmental problems related to the accounting team
· Highly analytical, strong written and verbal communication, resourceful, and one who takes the initiative and is confident in one's work and abilities;
· Tech-savvy and highly efficiency-oriented
· Desire to innovate and implement systems to ensure operational efficiency is a necessity
· Proven track record of over achieving vetted through hard work and discipline, which is built upon desire to succeed and ambition
· Extremely well organized with the ability to effectively multi-task and calmly handle large workload, while maintaining a positive attitude
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills with solid grasp of business concepts
· Must have Commercial Real Estate background with 5+ years of experience as a Controller or as an Operation Manager
· Outstanding technical accounting knowledge is required
· Ability to learn, implement, and create new systems with technology
· Solid comprehension of financialreporting, budgeting/forecasting and accounting systems is required.
· Proficient in developing and implementing strategies to achieve performance goals and objectives.
· Expertise in Excel, Sage/Timberline, Quickbooks, Rent Manager, or other accounting softwares