Operating Room Registered Nurse Coordinator
Less than 5 years experience •
?????We are looking for ?Operating Room Registered Nurse Coordinator for our client in Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Title: Operating Room Registered Nurse Coordinator
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Operating Room Registered Nurse Coordinator
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: 6a-6:30pm (12hr shifts) ? no weekends ? no call required
- The O.R. Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of nursing and ancillary staff in the O.R. Provides clinical coordination of services, evaluating options and services to meet the individual health care needs of patients to promote quality outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, including, but not limited to: scheduling to maintain staffing ratios according to patient acuity and productivity, organization of patient flow (i.e. ? room allocation, transfers, add-ons, cancellations and delays).
- Coordinates activities with other patient care units.
- Collaborates with surgeon, anesthesia and administration to provide an optimally utilized, efficient schedule.
- Responsible for patient care activities and evaluation of the nursing processes practiced on the unit, serving as a clinical resource for staff, assisting in orientation and in-service training.
- Assists O.R. manager in planning/organizing orientation and in-services and participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Identifies opportunities to standardize processes that will lead to increased safety; participates in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Responsible for the development of unit based performance improvement efforts.
- Ensures department specific policies meet the current standards of care.
- Reviews and approves employee timekeeping.
- Assists O.R. Manager with employee evaluation.
- Assists O.R. Manager in evaluating applicants for hire.
- Assists staff by providing patient nursing care, functioning as OR RN when needed.
- Participates in hospital wide quality assessments and performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in hospital committees as required.
- Participates in compliance programs such as HIPAA, safety training, in-service, etc.
- Ensures evidence based practice and standard compliance is maintained in care provided within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2years?experience as a Charge Nurse in an acute care hospital.
- 1year OR experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Obtain Perioperative Nurse Certification (CNOR) within 6months of hire.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- refer board certification in ABQARP.