$80K — $100K *
Operating Engineer operates and maintains physical plant equipment on specified shift assignments. Performs special assignments on complex electrical and mechanical equipment. Under supervision, as assigned evaluates and implements corrective measures to return malfunctioning equipment and systems to specified standards. Submits required logs and reports. Performs routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and other duties as assigned. Uses a database system to open and close work orders, tracks work orders and ensures that industry standards are adhered to. Communicates in an effective manner in order to meet customer expectations and reports their status on a regular basis to their supervisor. Makes required log entries, controls the work environment and supports safety and security process, procedures, protocols, and policies. They also escort contractors, review the quality of work and understand how to direct the work of contractors who provide services in a hospital or healthcare settings.
1) (3+) Three years of experience or more as an operating engineer working in a hospital or similar type of facility.
Job-Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Competent in basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
2) Undertakes continuing education, and on-the-job training programs in the operating engineer disciplines.
3) Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee's particular job.
4) Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
5) Bilingual skills a plus.
1) Currently enrolled or accepted in a program to obtain an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical (LME) license, OR successfully accepted into an LME program within 120 days of hire.
2) Drives a Tuality owned vehicle as part of their job. Must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years old with minimum of two years’ experience in the type of vehicle being driven. Must have a satisfactory driving record, which is defined as no more than one accident and two moving violations or two accidents and one violation or no accidents and three violations on or off the job within the past 36 months. No conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), suspension, auto felony conviction or other serious violations within the past 36 months.
3) This employee must complete a defensive driving course within the first 90days of employment and yearly thereafter.
Valid through: 4/17/2021