Operaitons Manager, VP - Civil Construction
15+ years experience • Construction
POSITION TITLE:Operations Manager, VP – CivilConstruction
SPECIFICATION NUMBER: 69524CRI
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
COMPENSATION: Base salary: $275,000 or Market Rate + Bonus
COMPANY: Our client is a leader in CivilConstruction.
AREAS OF SPECIALITIES:
- Drainage and Piping
- Concrete Work
- Retaining Walls
- Sewer Work: Sanitary & Storm
- Water Mains
- Asphalt Paving
- Soil Stabilization
POSITION SUMMARY / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in CivilEngineering (PC License preferred)
- Coordinate resources between 7 – 10 job sites daily
- Able to analyze change orders prepared by PMS and determined if they were prepared properly
- Knowledge of how to properly manage and construct HeavyCivilprojects in the NYC regions including the following:
- Bridge / Deck replacements
- Large Diameter Steel Water Main Projects
- Sewer & Water Main Projects
- Highway Work
- Structural and Architectural Concrete
- Flat Work (Landscaping, Pavers, Beautification, etc.)
- Transit Work (Substations, Vent Plants, Station Work)
- Knowledge of Viewpoint software would be a plus
- Able to oversee the preparation of reports by PM’s on forecasting of job performance for CFO’s office.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in Heavy Construction field (of which mostly should be in NYC market)
- Must have knowledge of Private Utility interference with NYC Public Works projects.
- Capability to negotiate with vendors and public agencies
- Negotiation with subcontractors and preparation of Sub Agreements / Purchase Orders
- Ability to train and oversee younger staff members
- Manage a team of 15-25 Project Managers / Superintendents
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERENCE
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal abilities essential for dealing with management, project teams, customers and other stakeholders
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in working with city and state agencies (NYS DOT, NYC MTA, NYC DDC, NYC DOT, & PANYNJ)
- Must have at least 20 years’ experience in Heavy Construction
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Mentoring skills with the ability to train others.
- Capability to negotiate with Public Agencies, Private Utilities, and Vendors
- Significant business acumen and understanding and use of financial tools.
- Must be self-motivated.