5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
As an OpenShift Technical Architect, you will be responsible to operationalize technology solutions for all new OpenShift technology products related projects. You will assist in evaluating project scope and sizing of work from an Operational perspective to ensure that the operational aspect is engrained within all projects of this type to include Proof of Concept developments. You may provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
The OpenShift Technical Architect will provide technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions.
This role is considered part of the Global Infrastructure Technology Services Leadership team and will mentor and train Junior Architects and /or operational team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of OpenShift technologyarchitecture. Evaluate OpenShift architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Evaluate technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for the OpenShift technology domain.
- Lead projects from an Operational perspective in partnership with engineering and architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Participate in the evaluation of Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Liaise with global team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor/train and provide operational guidance to multiple teams building innovative OpenShift based applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Sr. Architect with OpenShift experience:
- Designing and developing scripts/tools for Continuous Integration Continuous Deployments
- Designing and developing automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management
- Building and deploy web applications to dev/test/prod environments
- Automating configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployments in a toolset such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with Docker and containerization strategies
- Developing automation for application running on private and public cloud infrastructure environments such as AWS / Google Cloud / Azure
- Source control using tools such as GIT
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
- Experience with software testing, including designing and implementing unit, component, and system-level tests
- Background in network or storage design and administration is a plus.
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills And Education
- Certifications in OpenShift technologies
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financialtechnology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
- Job ID #: JR32255