Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
We are currently seeking an OpenPages Governance Risk and Compliance Database Developer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Database Developer / Development DBA to get in on the exciting and fast growing field of Risk Analytics.
In this role you will be part of a team responsible for back-end database development of the IBM OpenPages GRC product. You will become part of the Platform development team and interact with other product teams (UI, Quality Engineering, Performance, DevOps), product management and large clients.
The job responsibilities for IBM GRC OpenPages Database Developer include:
We’re seeking an innovative Database developer in an exciting and high paced agile and scrum development environment. As a member of IBM Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) OpenPages Platform development team, you will contribute directly to design, implementation, and test, deployment of new features, functions, as well as integration points of Risk Analytics. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with product management, quality assurance, design, and operation teams. You should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and proactive communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the project you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Product Software Development is required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in database application programming (SQL, PL/SQL and SQL PL), database administration and performance tuning on DB2 for LUW or Oracle is required.
- Experience with Analytics, Business Intelligence tools (Cognos) is desirable.
- Experience building software for SaaS and Continuous Delivery Techniques is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Demonstrates proactive communication skills, and have collaboration experience.
- Knowledge of the agile software development cycle
- Experience with Shell scripts and Linux OS
- Knowledge of financial application/industry is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering under tight time constraints