Description of Work:
* Design and maintain the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that support several mission critical web-based applications.
* Maintain the UNIX/Linux Servers and secure the servers according to the Policy Compliance Management requirements.
* Provide system and log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring to ensure security for all Divisional UNIX/Linux Web and Application servers.
* Install, develop and maintain scripts and code to support various new system functions in the UNIX/Linux Intranet and Internet environments.
* Administer, optimize, and secure RedHat Enterprise Linux v6.x/7.x
* Maintain and support eTrust Access Control for all support team UNIX/Linux user accounts.
* Maintain and support CA eTrust Directory servers that support the agency wide Directory.
* Maintain and support virtualization technology using Solaris Logical Domain (LDOM) technology and Red Hat virtualization (VMWare, KVM, and RHEV).
* Maintain and support Solaris 10 on the UNIX/Linux servers in the Internet and Intranet infrastructure.
* Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
* Knowledge and Skill in automated deployment and configuration tools for RedHat Enterprise Linux.
* Knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux Virtualization Technology
* Provide technical support during a disaster recovery exercise or in the event of an actual disaster at the either the Primary or Backup Data Center.
* Communicate details of the issue, expected resolution, and root cause analysis of issues.
* Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux related problems when they occur.*
* Provide technical expertise on WebSphere, ColdFusion and iPlanet software with configuration issues on the distributed Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
* Troubleshoot Sun Solaris and Red Hate Enterprise Linux systems and Application problems and facilitate the necessary actions required to correct the problem.
* Ability to research problems and contact and escalate issues with Oracle or other third party hardware and software providers.
* Support, implement and maintain new applications coming into the environment.
* Present status information on issues and problems at the weekly team meetings.
* Document software changes, problem resolution steps.
* Have the ability to research problems and contact and escalate issues with Oracle, Red Hat, VMWare or other third party hardware and software providers.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 7 years' of related work experience; or Master's degree in a technical field and 5 years of related work experience; or a minimum of 11 years related experience in lieu of a degree
* 5 years RedHat Enterprise Linux v6.x/7.x Operating System experience
* 2 years of experience using YAML Ansible
* Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
* Must be able to obtain a public trust or higher clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities of all facets of administration of the Solaris v10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6.x Operating Systems.
* Ability to script within the Sun Solaris Operating System for the completion and automation of task level requirements.
* Skills with analysis, design, testing and maintenance of the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux infrastructures in achieving SSA goal of continuous availability for SSA systems.
* Skills and ability of application development to assist application developers with optimal design solutions for applications residing in the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Infrastructures.
* Knowledge of WebSphere, ColdFusion and iPlanet Application Server platforms for both configuration and troubleshooting of hosted applications.
* Knowledge and abilities of security infrastructure such as Access Control and Argent.
* Knowledge and abilities of architectural analysis and technical design alternatives for connecting to SSA open systems and mainframe environments
* Knowledge of the various virtualization technologies in use to support the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating environments (Solaris Zones and LDOM's, VMWare, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, Red Hat KVM, etc.)
* Knowledge and ability to configure, maintain, and optimize the underlying storage subsystems in support of the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.