The Center for Technology in the Education and Workforce Development unit at RTI International is seeking an Open Source Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic team of developers and designers who disseminate rigorous research and create innovative tools that improve learning and workforce outcomes for children and adults. We are seeking candidates with a broad skill set to contribute to our diverse and expanding project base.
This position will be based in Seattle, Washington. However, the team is composed of telecommuters across the United States. Candidates should have telecommuting experience or an interest in becoming a telecommuter.
What you'll be doing
- Building innovative websites and applications for education as part of an agile team
- Working with colleagues to develop software architecture, coding, and testing standards
- Creating documentation for the functionality of software components
- BA/BS or higher in a technical field with at least six years of professional experience
- Experience with all of the following:
- HTML and CSS
- PHP and PHP Frameworks such as Laravel, CakePHP, Drupal, and/or Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, SQLite, MariaDB or similar
- Knowledge and skills in software design and development, including testing, test-driven development and security best practices
- Confidence with responsive web design
- Experience developing and deploying REST APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Comfortable with Node.js
- Source code management and best practices using Git source control
- Configuring and maintaining infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Leading small teams of developers including introducing new technologies and enforcing best practices
- Data visualizations using D3.js or similar libraries
- Familiarity with Ruby
- Prior experience working as a contractor for the United States Government
- Interest in Education Technology