- Be a cheerleader in chief. Create a welcoming community, provide encouragement to new people, help contributors in the community connect to each other, and facilitate their collaborations.
- Work with other teams in CloudBees to help drive, plan and execute activities which interact with the Jenkins community in order to ensure that the community thrives and grows.
- Provide situational awareness of the ecosystem and community within CloudBees. Be where users are and contributors are, pick up news and trends, and pass them to others who can act on them.
- Facilitate CloudBees initiatives and communications to the community. Help other job functions inside CloudBees interact with the community and achieve their goals.
- Improve CloudBees’ standing and maintain its credibility in the community. Help us hold ourselves to a high standard that demonstrates exemplary behavior and leadership, setting an example for others in the community.
- Passion and empathy for people in the community, and users in particular. Representing them to others in the community and CloudBees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience interacting with software engineers and diverse groups of people from different cultures
- Prior experience with open source projects is a requirement
- Experience demonstrating leadership and coordination of those projects is desired.
- Experience of developing software professionally is a plus