Open Avionics - Model Based Software Engineer will provide technical leadership and expertise to support the development of Embedded Flight Management Systems Software products, with a concentration in Aircraft Modeling and Performance. In this role you will utilize your experience / expertise to solve problems, develop, and execute objectives for yourself and others, and have the ability to affect business goals.
In addition, you will:
- Develop next generation military applications using open industry standards
- Create execution models from
- Become a technical expert in the area Avionics Modeling
- Work in a multidisciplinary team, architect, design, develop, and update functionality for prototypes and pre-production real-time military systems
- Identify, evaluate, and occasionally develop engineering tools and processes necessary to meet the projects engineering and business goals
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, maintaining a focus on safety and reliability
- Participate actively in software design and peer reviews
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific / engineering principles and practices
- Expand technical depth and breadth as part of a growing R&D team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Embedded Software Development
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time
- Experience in embedded Military and Commercial Avionics product development
- Experience with embedded software development lifecycle within Aerospace or similar controlled industry
- Experience with open Avionics and military standards
- Experience with software development using C and C++ languages, RTOSs, or Model Based Development in a DO-178B Avionics development environment
- Experience in full lifecycle development
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded product development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Avionics development
- Development to MIL-STD and DO-178C Standards
- Ability to use project cost and schedule requirements as part of the overall best technical solution.
- Familiarity and experience with state-of-the-art model-based development, software implementation, testing, and robustness methods
- Experience of a Graphical Modeling Language with Simulation (e.g. Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow, Statemate, Scade, Enterprise Architect)
- Provide work direction to internal and external IPDT members
- Participate in a team as a team player
- Experience directing and participating in requirements definition and trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification and production support efforts
- Ability to provide most cost effective and technically correct solution to internal and external customers
- Experience and Leadership of Embedded Software Development efforts using C & C++ languages, RTOSs or MBD in a DO-178B Avionics development environment
- AWS certifications
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.