We are looking for a motivated and passionate Software Engineer to join our Off-Platform Applications Team and develop and improve our off-radar projects. We have invested in the combined power of Linux and Python for applications programming. We are looking for a developer with a similar passion for high-performance, distributed, network-based Clients, APIs, and Applications.
What you’ll do:
- Code! Develop and improve off-radar software in Python, primarily in a Linux environment.
- Embody and advocate for best practices in Python programming and Continuous Integration workflows.
- Participate in lab and field testing with real radar hardware
What we’re looking for:
- Experience designing, implementing, building, testing and debugging software applications in Python in a Linux environment
- Understanding of modern software development processes and best practices
- Practical understanding of modern build and test automation tools and strategies
- Ability to describe new software designs using design patterns and off-the-shelf components
- Practical understanding of testing principles, methods, and techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, related field, or equivalent
Nice to have extras:
- Advanced knowledge of modern Python (3.7+)
- Experience using and improving build and test automation infrastructure
- Experience designing software in a regulated industry where the development activities need to comply with that industries best-practices
- Understanding of sampling theory, digital filtering, and ADC signal digitization is a plus.
Technologies & Tools we use (you don’t need to know all of these):
- Linux, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, PyPi, Sphinx.
- Python, pip, virtualenv, Makefile, asyncio,
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave
- Lots of healthy snack options
- Locker rooms/showers
- Fun company events, plus ping pong, can jam and board games
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more