The Content Manager is responsible for curating, editing, and publishing high quality content onto our digital storefronts. As a key member of the eCommerce team, Content Manager is responsible for partnering with marketing teams – residing at all our resorts and in corporate – to establish needs, recommend new ideas, curate, and execute content for publication for our various digitalchannels. Managers use discretion and judgment to strategize the most effective way to promote content within the technical AEM environment. Managers distribute digital content for all MGM Resorts International resorts, including some of the most iconic resort brands in Las Vegas (including Bellagio, Aria, Mirage, MGM Grand, and Mandalay Bay). This essential role provides millions of website users with exciting content spanning restaurants, shows, events, gaming, pools, rooms and more to help users craft a memorable, personalized experience and is essential to drive eCommerce revenues for MGM Resorts International. The Content Manager positions focus translates brand content into usable content for use in the AEM architecture. Functional work includes but is not limited to using judgment to determine how property content can be most effective within AEM; adjusting components; formatting content to fit the system requirements; testing the execution of content on multiple viewports and channels; and supporting the underlying AEM needs.
- Develop content publication strategy, including content placement on website, tagging schemes and coordination with Search & Promote to calibrate content sort ordering.
- Use independent judgment to prioritize, place and determine optimal content exposure for cross property displays such as the Entertainment Calendar and (future) search results.
- Collaborate with properties to publish optimal content for both In-Market and Out-of-Market online users, based on website click and conversion data.
- Execute content within the AEM component framework.
- Utilize the WCM for visual content executions.
- Ability to develop strategy for content use from conception to completion.
- Load EDAM images using appropriate provided metadata
- Work with external partners to best determine the use of the provided content in various channels.
- Define and plan the scope of content use.
- Quality Control of executed content using development tools and browsers.
- Execute complex system transaction requirements within multiple environments.
- Deploy all content.
- Determine technical specifications and AEM standards.
- Define and plan the scope and application of system enhancements.
- Test cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for system inconsistencies.
- Test for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the clients region or domain.
- Conducting observational user testing or reviewing designs against usability heuristics.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years working on websites (including one year within a CMS environment).
- Experience with or knowledge of Adobe AEM.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced HTML, CSS, and Photoshop techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.