Lynxnet, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima, LLC,is an agile, innovative and fast paced government contractor focused on delivering the very best value to every customer. We are also a military-friendly employer, and we support critical initiatives across the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and federal civilian agencies.
The Site lead engineer supports the program designs, engineers, construction, installs and coordinates telecommunications equipment, systems and facilities; performs engineering studies involving equipment, applications or theoretical analyses of such engineering methodologies.
- Supports architectural engineering that is a prerequisite to work center detail design, configuration, and installation work.
- Establishes and maintains Lynxnet's architecture standards.
- Performs architecture review and assurance.
- Conducts Air Force risk assessments.
- Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the customer and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints.
- Drafts bid specifications and requests for proposal and evaluates vendor responses to establish contracts.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Plans, designs, engineers and constructs telecommunications systems (e.g. voice, radio,
- Analyzes telecommunications problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, clarity, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications.
- Determines appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of telecommunications equipment.
- Researches, gathers and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify and maintain assigned networks and telecommunications systems.
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with the Air Force and other agencies with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests, and assure the organization’s position is represented.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience, 6+ years of IT management experience, preferably within commercial or DoD space, 8+ year in IT services (Internet, cloud computing, hosting, managed services.
- Active TS /SCI clearance.
- Project management experience preferred, ITIL certification
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.