West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a "Desktop Engineer" within their Managed Services practice in the Chicago office. This person will be responsible for managing users and issues onsite with a client in the Chicago Loop. The Desktop Engineer is expected to be able to provide advanced desktop and end user support as well as assist with the support of server and network environments, including but not limited to Active Directory, local network devices and VoIP telephony.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion.
- Analyze each specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solution.
- Understand and execute standard escalation procedures with tier two support.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with employees to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Ability to respond calmly to high pressure situations and to professionally communicate with nontechnical staff, executives and vendors
- Strong background in Windows client operating systems, standard desktop applications (i.e. Office, Internet Explorer, anti-virus tools), Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Exchange, desktop imaging.
- General issues resolution for Exchange, MDM, BES, Citrix, Firewalls, VPNs, Polycom Video Conferencing and other more advanced pieces of infrastructure.
- Experience with Mobile device support, desktop imaging and Microsoft Teams/Skype
- Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft (MCP, MCSA) certifications preferred
- 3-5 years customer service related experience,
- 2-3 years working as a sole technical resource preferred
- 1-2 years' experience supporting backend IT infrastructure such as Exchange, Citrix and Active Directory