Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization. This Online Team is made up of smart and dedicated professionals who share a passion for technology and have a deep knowledge in their respective areas of expertise. All team members are encouraged to explore creative solutions to problems using new technology. Team members are open to collaboration and do so often to architect solutions and resolve issues quickly. There is a continued focus on personal growth; team members are encouraged to branch out from their respective areas of expertise to learn more about new areas as well as participate in formal training events and conferences.
What We Need:
We are looking to recruit top talent to be part of a new team that will focus on architecting, scaling, and maintaining the infrastructuresupporting 2K’s online gaming presence. This team will work closely with some of the world’s most talented game development studios (such as Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, and Hangar13 Games) to design and implement stable and scalable systems and services that support a large number of concurrent persistent connections. The team will implement dynamic and cutting edge technology solutions to support some of the biggest and best franchises in gaming (such as NBA2K, Evolve, and Civilization). The Online Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing all facets of public facing web applications in various hosting environments including load balancing, web server, caching, Datastore (RDBMS/NoSQL). You will work closely with development teams to develop, deploy, and support applications in accordance with industry standards and best practices. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in “non-silo’d” environments and have an appetite to research, test, and implement new technologies. Above all else, you should have a heart of humility and come with a readiness to be an active team member.
What You Will Do:
- Automation of node and application deployment to various environments
- Management of Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and Windows server infrastructures
- Support cloud architecture (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Enable automated resource and securityaudits
- Solve problems and lead projects from scoping to implementation
- Manage and monitor applications and infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability
- Provide expert documentation on all resources
- Be able to respond to critical requests during off hours
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux systems and infrastructure, preferably CentOS or RHEL
- 3+ years of experiencesupporting infrastructure implementations, upgrades and migrations
- Prowess with configuration management applications such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and/or SaltStack
- Automation development skills for applications and systems running on cloud providers such as AWS, GCE, Azure, and/or vCloud
- Experience with virtualization technology, including VMWare and KVM
- Database administration experience, including MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with build, test and deployment automation through the use of continuous integration tools (e.g. TeamCity)
- Possess a thorough understanding of principles of TCP/IP based networks as well as DNS, DHCP, IPSEC
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.