At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
On being an Online Programmer at Ubi Montreal
When you’re an Online Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
The daily life of an Online Programmer at Ubi Montreal:
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun online features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams;
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best online experience to our players;
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams;
- Resolve online and network bugs;
- Document your work.
What it takes to make it:
- An undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 3+ years of experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, GO, Java and Python code;
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization;
- Experience developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network is an asset;
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game is an asset;
- Experience with services like AWS, Docker or Azure is an asset;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.