Job ID: 117748
The Online Business Project Manager is responsible for developing the detailed strategy, scope and implementation plans for small to large projects that directly impact customers shopping experiences. Leading multi-functional teams of about 10- 15 people from across the business, the incumbent will manage a small portfolio of projects, from Discovery through to Delivery. In addition to showing innovative thought leadership, you will be required to utilize core projectmanagement, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serve as the Business Project Manager for multiple, small to large sized internal and cross-Enterprise projects with limited definition and direction. Projects may include enhancements tocore elements of our online shopping experience, such as navigation, checkout, shopping services/tools, as well as multi-channel projects that involve our stores, supply chain, etc.
- Lead and manage multiple cross-functional, cross-company project teams of 10+ people.
- Help the project Business Owner define and articulate project strategy and objectives, scope and business requirements.
- Think creatively to make recommendations regarding execution strategies and potential solutions.
- Ensure all impacted stakeholders are involved, and secure cross functional resources to supportproject execution. Effectively interact with agency/vendor/business partners. Communicating expectations, sharing information and holding partners accountable.
- Starting right from project Discovery, document project scope, high-level solutions and business requirements, and working with IT resources, gather detailed requirements and define detailed implementation plans.
- Identify, research, analyze and manage risks and interdependencies within projects/systems/resources, and formulate plausible solutions/contingency plans in consultation with stakeholders and Senior Management as necessary.
- Effectively present and communicate project strategies, statuses, risks and key decisions within project teams, stakeholder meetings, and with Senior Management on a regular basis. Manage multiple projects to Critical Path, providing regular Milestone updates and RiskAssessments to Stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, to scope and within budget.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position typically reports to Sr Manager or Manager within the PMO
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a workgroup: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Project management experience associated with online projects.
Knowledge of MS Project, Powerpoint and MS Office.
4-6 total years of experience; 2-4 years project management experience, in an online business.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior experience in ecommerce and/or web development, creative and/or marketing/ advertising.
- Understanding of Interactive Marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles, and processes.
- Web experience associated with a national-level retailer.
- E-commerce knowledge and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent strategic and creative skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytically with demonstrated financial and business planning skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving change and execution.
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win-win outcomes.